Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Announces 360 Pricing

lol =(

There's no way I'm getting this until the good version is closer to $200.

Who wants to go play WoW?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. HAY MAZO LETS PLAY WOW TIL XBOX 3

3. The price isn't what gets me, it's that the hard drive isn't standard.

4. StriderKyo was right on with this - companies are guessing people are willing to spend $400.

Im not, though. I wont get the system until the first price drop, at the earliest.

I dont have any doubt whatsoever that PS3 will be $400 now.

5. Sad times for console gamers.

Hopefully people won't be dumb enough to all rush out and buy a console at this price, leading to a drop sooner rather than later.

I can't imagine mom and pop buying their kid a $400 console even for Christmas. I know mine would have told me to go fuck myself back in the day.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. There are so many things that make the $299 version worthless.

You need to at keast go out and buy a memory card, or no Xbox Live play for you (you need somewhere to save your profile)

No backwards compatibility without a hard drive - 360 isn't universally backwards compatible, it's done through software patches. Only top sellers will be compatible right away (no doubt with patches on the hard drive), with future compatibilty through downloads.

Some developers are still using the hard drive for memory caching, so without the HDD you'll have slower loading and possibly less visually impressive games.

I'm pretty sure without the HDD it dresses your characters up in pink ribbons and has girls boss you around Ninja Gaiden Black style, too.
    -Kyo

8. Hm. I wouldn't be so upset at this, had MS themselves not said on a number of occasions that there'd only be one SKU and that the HDD would be standard.

Fucking liars.

LAWWWL

10. Yoshi's right.