Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkwatch: Curse of the West

WTF Darkwatch: Curse of the West

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Best described as Halo meets Silverado, Darkwatch tells the story of the unlucky cowboy Jericho Cross. A train robber by trade, Jericho spots an unusual target racing down the tracks under the light of the full moon and in what can only be described as the worst decision of his life, decides to pillage it as his final score before retiring. Played out as the first level of the game, Jericho is shocked to discover that the unusually designed train is packed with rotting bodies with a humanoid look he cannot recognize. As he continues to progress, Cross soon finds himself in a battle for his life against a horde of vampires and other nasties before reaching the locomotive's main vault. Opening it hoping to discover countless treasures and riches, what Jericho really finds is the ancient lord of the vampires who proceeds to bite him and flee with his minions from the train.
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/462/462139p1.html

2. Uh-oh

Seeing as I just picked up a Ps2 not too long ago (received actually) this looks interesting. Reminds me of Nocturne. But a FPS of course...

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

3. Looking forward to it, but it does sound like a potential case of all-things-to-everyone syndrome.

4. Sweet!

...Oh, it's on console.

Wait, it's also coming to Xbox, I had a spot of worrying when I thought it was PS2-only.

Looks awesome, there was a story on this in the new GMR.

Like Vampire Hunter D in the Old West or somethin'.. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I'd be up for some of this..

6. For a second I thought it was Chakan on the cover of GMR, the main character's design is really similar. This could be cool, but After being spoiled by RS3 the visuals in this aren't exactly up to snuff. Hopefully the Xbox rev will take advantage of the extra power.

I hope it plays well, maybe this could make up for Dead Man's Hand, I'd rather a straight up western, but if this plays well I could deal with the supernatural slant on things.

JM

7. Oh man. That looks awesome.

8. I saw the spread GMR did on it. It looks fantastic. I'm all about it.

It seems as though Sammy is slowly but surely becoming a player.

What's pretty interesting is that this is the first game developed by the US branch, Sammy Studios.. according to the article, a couple of the minds behind this game used to work for Oddworld Inhabitants..