Page 1 of 58 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Announces 360 Pricing

1. Xbox 360 II Microsoft Announces 360 Pricing

This was mentioned as a rumour in the 360 thread, but it looks like it's official now:

Link : LA Times

Microsoft Sets Price for Xbox 360 Versions
    Alex Pham
    Microsoft Corp. said its next-generation Xbox 360 game console would cost $299 to $399 when the device is launched this holiday season.

The $299 version will come with a wired controller, but will not have the 20-gigabyte hard-disc drive, wireless controller, headset, Ethernet cable and wireless television remote control included in the $399 version.

Sony Corp., which said it would launch PlayStation 3 in the spring, has not released a price for its new console.

"This will put pressure on Sony come holiday of 2007 because by then Microsoft will cut their premium price to $299 or below, while the PS3 will still be north of $399," said P.J. McNealey, an analyst at American Technology Research. Meanwhile, Nintendo Co. cut $20 off the price of its Dual Screen hand-held console to $129.99.
    The truly excellent part is that backwards compatibility requires a hard drive.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait. I hope there's a PS3 version of Oblivion.
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 17 Aug 2005 at 08:41 AM.
    -Kyo

2. Oh christ, shades of Saturn!

3. Gay. Really gay.

4. It's going to be years before I own a 360. I've never bought a console over $200.

5. That's what I'm saying. I got a xbox when it was $150 and it was fucking fantastic, but no console should cost more than my computer.

6. Fux.

7. I hope the HD DVD not being available until next summer rumours are true too. That would be fantastic.

Get ready for the PS3 $459.99 mandatory "value pack."
    -Kyo

8. VALUE!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128
    It's going to be years before I own a 360. I've never bought a console over $200.
    Revolution will be there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    VALUE!
    It'll come with a wrist strap.
    -Kyo

10. I'm still mad that my girlfriend put mine on the psp.... I don't want to cut it, but I can't take it off.