Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest Job application questions

1. Craziest Job application questions

My favorite one is from BestBuy. "You are not afraid to go off on anyone who makes you angry", check from strongly agree to strongly disagree. Now any person who seriously wants a job will NOT check agree or strongly agree to this. So why did the "brains" put this question in there?

Anyway, what are your crazy questions you had to fill out on an application?
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Those personality tests are bullshit.

Anyway, the real meat is the interview. Especially when you have to go look for a real job.

"What exactly are you looking for?"

Probably the toughest question out there.

3. I dont know about crazy questions on applications , but we had two guys who applied at our store recently - one of them after the interview walked out of the store and did the ER arm pump ( like in the opening credits when that black doctor does that arm pump like he's punching somebody in the nads), needless to say I was the only one who saw it and I laughed, hard. If it was my choice, I wouldve hired the kid on the spot but he wouldve been required to do that move every hour for my entertainment.

And the other guy was too lazy to fill out the application so he just stapled an old application he filled out at a Kash-and-Karry to the back of ours. I laughed pretty good at that one too.

4. Interview questions are always the worst. Every single interview ever asks "what would you say is your worst quality?" Which is really stupid, because everyone just has a stock answer for it. "I'm a perfectionist" or I just push myself to work too hard sometimes" or some other blatant lie like that. That question's basically, "either tell me something I don't want to hear, or lie to me in our first meeting."

I got one question that was pretty dumb - "name a time you did something to improve workplace safety." I've worked in white collar jobs, and this was for a white collar job, what do you want me say? I put rubber edges on all the documents to prevent papercuts?

I also really hate "tell me a funny joke." It's just the interviewer playing with your mind or some shit. It doesn't test your ability to be funny or entertaining, it just tests whether you have a non-offensive joke memorized.

EDIT: I also really used to hate "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? " Because you're always being interviewed by the manager, and the answer is invariably "either leaving the company or taking your job, bitch."
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 18 Aug 2005 at 10:28 PM.
    -Kyo

5. Those guys do sound fun to work with. I'm sure if you where interviewing it would be cool but when its some 40 year old manager sometimes I doubt it.

6. I got "What was the most significant thing you've ever done?".
    I mean, if it weren't a part-time job, I could understand.
    But, come on, it's a fucking movie theatre.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

7. Oh, heres a question I caught at an interview at a clothing store in the mall, Buckle (stfu, there were some hot chicks who worked there thats always a '+' to work with in my book):

The guy asked me what my intended major was. I told him Engineering and he asked why an Engineering major would want to work at a clothing store? I was like"...I dont have my degree yet....obviously...why would I be here?" Well, I guess he didnt like that and said that they are only hiring Business majors from UF. I reminded him that I was just applying for a sales person/CSR position, not managing or anyhting ,just something relatively simple so I could focus on school, and make some cash to help out with in my bills on the side.I said, "I can do anything that a Business major can do better" - then he said " I'm a business major." I laughed, he did this >>

So, yeah, I didnt get that job.He told me it probably wasnt going to work out. I agreed.

I mean really, what the hell? I've never come across someone who wouldnt hire me based on my intended major...I guess there were probably other reasons - the hot girl who interviewed before me maybe stole the show? Cant beat the ass and titties factor , I guess..
    Last edited by Jetman; 18 Aug 2005 at 11:46 PM.

8. I always said to my friend that are females that if you got a good body you'll get hired faster than I will. Not much faster though thanks to my stunning good looks

9. My friend did an online application for Borders that was like 200 questions of "If you feel someone "wrongs" you, do you have a need to "repay" them?" and "Do you ever think that it's okay to take things from bigger companies just because they're big?"

10. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    \
    EDIT: I also really used to hate "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? " Because you're always being interviewed by the manager, and the answer is invariably "either leaving the company or taking your job, bitch."
    for future reference "on top of your wife while you do my job too" generally does not endear you to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.