Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manga Recommendations

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Uzumaki. Its the hot shit.

Actually anything by Junji Ito is the hot shit. You'll like it.
    That manga looks damn cool. I might check it out. I was looking for some stuff on it online and came across this:

http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/uzumaki.htm

I wouldn't mind checking that out either...

2. 20th century Boys.

End of Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    That manga looks damn cool. I might check it out. I was looking for some stuff on it online and came across this:

http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/uzumaki.htm

I wouldn't mind checking that out either...
    Yeah the movie is hot shit as well.

I can not stress this enough. Read the books, watch the movie, then we can all fag out and make a thread talking about it <3

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Yeah the movie is hot shit as well.

I can not stress this enough. Read the books, watch the movie, then we can all fag out and make a thread talking about it <3
    IAWTP

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Uzumaki. Its the hot shit.

Actually anything by Junji Ito is the hot shit. You'll like it.
    I will back this up as well. Never saw the Uzumaki movie, but I loved the books. Junji Ito's artwork stands out to me because he can actually depict shocking/grotesque scenes in a manner that actually upsets and disgusts me. I love it. I read the first book of Gyo and didn't really have the desire to finish it. I might reread it tonight and see if I want to reconsider.

Also backing up Blade of the Immortal and GTO. Only read a little of BotI, but I loved what I have gotten done with, and GTO just ended. 25 volumes now, consistently entertaining shit. Loved it til the finish.

6. I was looking at Deus Vitae a week or so ago, which has the requisite sci-fi theme you are looking for. Some good artwork, too, from what I skimmed. I may pick it up, unless someone here can vouch that it sucks.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    I read the first book of Gyo and didn't really have the desire to finish it. I might reread it tonight and see if I want to reconsider.
    It made me very sad. Its good though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet
    I was looking at Deus Vitae a week or so ago, which has the requisite sci-fi theme you are looking for. Some good artwork, too, from what I skimmed. I may pick it up, unless someone here can vouch that it sucks.
    I have the first book and I wasn't too thrilled. And (I can't believe I'm actually saying this) it has a little too much unneccesary nudity.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I have the first book and I wasn't too thrilled. And (I can't believe I'm actually saying this) it has a little too much unneccesary nudity.
    Hmmm. Perhaps I'll just stick with Berserk.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"