Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dreamcast appears to be broken...

1. My Dreamcast appears to be broken...

So it looks like there is some sort of problem with my system's AV output. I tried to hook it up via VGA and to my TV and it doesnt work. Just acts like its not plugged in. Can anyone help?

2. It's weird but when I first saw this thread on the front page I assumed that it was made by someone else and that you had just posted something along the lines of 'consider yourself lucky' or something.

Heh.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

3. get a new one. ive replaced drives and psu's on the system but i dont think you can replace/repair the video output.

4. The Dreamcast really is a piece of shit, and the controller is the worst thing ever. Ive never had a system break on me, its fitting that this hunk of crap was the first one.

Ill try to fix it, I guess, but if that doesnt work, Ill just throw it in the river or something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    It's weird but when I first saw this thread on the front page I assumed that it was made by someone else and that you had just posted something along the lines of 'consider yourself lucky' or something.

Heh.
    and here i was going to post the obligatory "you suck" picture for him but figured i can be a nice guy, event tho he's an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The Dreamcast really is a piece of shit, and the controller is the worst thing ever. Ive never had a system break on me, its fitting that this hunk of crap was the first one.

Ill try to fix it, I guess, but if that doesnt work, Ill just throw it in the river or something.
    i punched mine and somehow the psu broke. replaced it with another and it works fine. but really....of all things the psu broke. its a remarkibly easy system to tinker with.

6. They're less than fifteen dollars to replace, so it's not that big of a deal. Tain got me one for Christmas (we had sold ours in... 2002?) and it worked for a few days before deciding to die. They're cheap to buy, because yes, they're garbage.

7. I've got a few game dealers who look into system repairs one the cheap. Check around a little and see if you can get a good offer.

8. The only thing I can suggest, is to try wiggling the cable at the adapter port of the DC. If they picture pops in and out, you have a loose solder joint.

9. I just threw it in the trash. Problem resolved.

10. Mine's busted too.

I'd care more, but there's nothing left on it I want to play.