Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eureka seven

eureka seven

http://eurekaseven.bandai-ent.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Seven
    http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...eka_seven.html

Excessive amount of time has passed since the human beings were driven from the Earth. Looking for a place to live peacefully, they finally found the Land of the Covenant. It was a desolate planet where the surface of the planet was covered by the substance similar to the coral, and there was an unknown ion called “Traver” in the air. They exploited the earth, and in order to use “Traver” effectively, they built huge towers. Under the towers, countries were built, and unifying these counties, the United States of the Towers was founded.
    Several hundreds years have passed since then. Renton is a boy who lives with his grand father in a Tower Country, “Belforest”. He has a complaint about his life. He was the son of the Hero, “Adrock”, who saved the world from the disaster, “Summer of Love”, at the cost of his life. It became the burden on him. Furthermore, because his grand father is a mechanic, he has no choice but to take over his business.
    Only his mental food is “Liff” which is a sport gliding in the air using “Traver”. He yearns for Holland who is a charismatic Liff Rider, and he wants to travel around gliding Liff like him believing that a big wave will come to him some day.

So has anyone else been watching this on CN? I recently watched the entire show and thought it was pretty interesting for a mecha anime. The first 10 episodes are just like any other mecha anime, but then it starts to touch on some new stuff around the end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eureka7.jpg 
Views:	23053 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	19809  

2. The anime fans have been treating this show like it was made by god. My first warning.

I have been following it on CN and it's been enjoyable but not anything amazing. I may just download the entire series and watch it all at once but after I hear a dub I can't go back to the subs of the show. oh well.

3. The first promo they ran on adult swim looked so damn cool, so I decided to give it a shot. I think I watched two or three episodes, and it just bored the hell out of me. From what I hear the show really picks up steam by episode 10, but I don't know if I'm willing to give it another chance.

Yeah, everything up to episode 10 is generic mecha anime shit.

little boy pilot? check
    likes girl that doesn't like him back? check
    super mecha that is magically able to kick all other mechas ass? check
    ragtag band of adventures? check
    magical ship that kicks all others ships ass? check

Anyway, yeah it touches on some new shit for mecha anime. There is stuff about parenting, abusive families, terrorism, war, etc. But the really nice thing is none of its heavy handed. It touches on all those issues without going "OMG LOOK AT THIS, THIS IS BAD, OHNOZES" Its also not as sad and mopey as the end of eva was when it got all deep.

5. I just finished watching this last week, and I gotta say just like everyone says once they get past episode 10 and they start explaining things, because there's a lot of "You can't mean...", or "That man..." kind of stuff and it get's irriatating. But then the plot starts to unfold and they clear a lot of things up and it gets really good, although it gets a little sappy at times. Animation wise you can't get much better, and the soundtrack is top notch.

6. I haven't watched it, but I read about it whenever I picked up a issue of newtype magazine. After reading a bit it seemed to have these hidden "rave" or electronic music messages/tributes in the series. I tried emailing newtype asking about it, but their email is always down. I may watch the series later on after I finish up some other stuff.

I could explain the stuff I found from reading about it, but right now I'm slap wore out from work. Its a lot of stuff for it to be a concidence too.

I caught a little bit the other night, stopping when channel surfing because the character designs and animation looked pretty hot. And yeah, I liked the music. I might try to catch this some more on CN.

8. It's okay. I concur that the animation looks good, and look forward to see things picking up in the series.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. unfortunatly this show suffers from one of my biggest annoyences with anime, it looks like it was created by taking a generic anime and doing a mad libs on top of it. yeah, the art is great, and there are moments where i see a glimmer of something interesting, but then eureka says something breezy and etherial that is totaly unrelated to anything going on around her , or that setriotyped to hell and back mechanic shows up, or those fucking annoying kids who make young anakin look like laurence olivier, and i realize that its not a show that has any actual originality, but instead its a very generic show thats trying to differentiate itsself by throwing random ingredients in from other shows and expecting to find something worthwhile. maybe past ep 10 there really is some great reveal, but of what i haev seen its slickly produced but utterly hollow,a dn i already got burned trying to hang on for "betterman" to get good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

10. I was a little disappointed by this show. Granted, I like it and all, but I really can't connect with it that well. I'll stick to Code Geass and Super Robot Wars for my mecha fix.