Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Otakon 2006 (IT'S ALMOST HERE GET YOUR DS READY MAKE YOUR TIME)

1. LOL Good, DRAW YOUR OWN SHIT GAYS!

2. Heh, take out one of the biggest aspects of Otaku culture, that'll fly well.

3. It did say only sale of the goods is prohibited. Production and display are currently under review. I'm sure that will be the comprimise.

Remember, this may not be the staff's decision alone.

Here's some interesting news, BTW. I know a guy at college who's on staff, and he says a few interesting things. Firstly, BOA is going to be the supposed musical guest this year. Secondly, the con is considering moving to Washington DC for a year or two because of plans to renovate the Baltimore Convention Center. He's been working with them for some years now, so I took his word fairly seriously.

4. lol It'll be great if news spreads all over the otakuwebbernet thanks to him.

I'm sure as hell not driving THAT far south. Fuck DC. Those'll be break years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap
    Heh, take out one of the biggest aspects of Otaku culture, that'll fly well.
    Yeah, fucking seriously. Aren't there entire conventions BASED on doujin in Japan? I mean, we haven't sunk that far yet, but the Japanese allow their fanbase to profit rather well off of doujin stuff. I mean, look at those doujin games! Look at how well they're made! Trust me, I'm the last person to say, "OMFG LIKE JAPAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN AMERICA KAWAII DESU NE HONDA TOSHIBA YOGI BEAR!!!!1111 =^_^=" I'm just finding this rather... cock-ish.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    lol It'll be great if news spreads all over the otakuwebbernet thanks to him.

I'm sure as hell not driving THAT far south. Fuck DC. Those'll be break years.
    For you, maybe.

6. The whole fan-art thing has kinda been taken out of preportion. They're not gonna stop artists from drawing fan art. Someone just panicked, jumped to conclusions and got ANN.com to post it to stir more panic.
    -Myk

7. They said parody material will be taken into consideration. That's doujin, right?

I'm all kinds of fascinated with fan-based stuff being on a professional level in Japan. I wish there was more of that here. Their kids learn to draw and that they'll fail at life doing it when they're born, so i'd wait 10 or so years to go to a doujin convention in the US. Yeah... "OMFG LIKE JAPAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN AMERICA KAWAII DESU NE HONDA TOSHIBA YOGI BEAR!!!!1111 =^_^=" at fan works. Sorry for stealing that, Chao.
    Donk

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Fuck DC. Those'll be break years.
    Quoted for fucking Truth, you won't find my ass going to DC for a con, EVER.

9. I'm going to Katuscon this year which is in DC but I'm not driving I'm taking the train. Driving in DC is a fucking disaster. But I will be doing a panel on Shin Megami Tensei at both cons. Well I guess if Otakon lets us this year.