Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Otakon 2006 (IT'S ALMOST HERE GET YOUR DS READY MAKE YOUR TIME)

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    ...or towels.
    Yes just what we need even stinker con goers.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Saint, where are you from?
    Fredneck, but I lived in Baltimore for a couple years.

3. I do not think it is possible for an anime convention to get any smellier than they already are. The colorrary to this is that there is nothing you can do about the body odor problem; you will succumb to it and get everyone else's stank stuck on you.

The thought of a group of f*****-chans hijacking a small American town for a weekend seems like a really interesting one, though. I really do not care where it's held though -- it's eight hours to get there for me anyway; what the hell is another 45 minutes (unless I get stuck on the Beltway during rush hour hurrrr). Baltimore is a shithole but the convention center is in one of the few nice parts of town, so you rarely notice.

-Dippy

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brand
    If Annapolis has a pop of only 35,000 and Otakon has over 23,000 people show up I doubt it has anything near the size for Otakon. I mean that would nearly double the size of the city for 3 days. I could see that being a big mess and not enough hotels.
    That happens here twice yearly for the NASCAR race. Except our population triples. Of course, they don't use hotels. They sleep under rocks and dirt because they're all filth.
    Time for a change

5. the city of Baltimore was used as one of the sets for 28 Days Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick
    I do not think it is possible for an anime convention to get any smellier than they already are. The colorrary to this is that there is nothing you can do about the body odor problem; you will succumb to it and get everyone else's stank stuck on you.
    More people should learn to not contribute to the smell, either.
    The con will still be there when you come back.

Edit: I don't mean "YOU" in particular, I was speaking in general.
    Last edited by Galaxia; 15 Feb 2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

7. One of my rules for my hotel room mates is they have to shower everyday. I don't get the whole not bathing for 3 days thing. Though I do know people who used to go down without a hotel room and sleep in their car so I guess that could explain some people but not all of them.

Last year was really bad I was waiting in line for some panel (I can't remember which one) and they hallway was pretty stank and someone decided to spray a can of Axe in the hallway. Which didn't make it smell any better and gave me a headache.

8. I can't go a day without showering. I'm serious.

9. I think maybe I spent one Sunday morning at a con unshowered, and that was for about 3 hours before we hightailed it back home. There's no excuse to not be at least groomed properly for these 3 days.

I remember talking with an acquaintance who had driven down there with loaned gas that he had stockpiled in the back of his car, and that he survived on peanut butter sandwiches (which were getting moldy and he had to eat around it by the end) and slept in his car at night (Which reeked of gas) just to go to Otakon. He lived a 10 hour drive away and came alone. What the FUCK compels one to do that?

10. Yeah, I don't know bout those kids. If you can't afford a hotel after driving X hours fuck off and get a job. I don't have to stay with Myk and co, but I do because it beats a 45 minute drive up and back each time.