Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LASERDISC

LASERDISC

Who still watches laserdisc? For some odd reason I got urge to watch a laser disk my family has of old betty boop cartoons (more on this in another thread).

While digging I noticed that we had some really nice stuff on LD. Off the top of my head we have War of the Worlds, Beavis and butthead (not the movie), Apocolypse Now, Chinler's(sp?) list, Star treck Generations, Star Treck First Contact, James Bond: Golden Eye, Short Circuit, Jurassic Park, Wolf, Maverick, and Fifel(sp?) Goes West.

BTW, does anyone know the best way to make dvds from laserdisk?

2. I think the best way to convert them is to just get one of those plug and play DVD recorder/burners. Just plug in the laserdisc and record directly to DVD OR you could get one of those s-video/component input connectors for your computer and copy the laserdisc into a program like iMovie (I'm on a Mac) and then just burn it to DVD using iDVD. I converted a bunch of old kung fu movies this way and it works great.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

What if I want to put stuff that is no longer in production, on my computer, to share with fellow TNLers?

Divx rips.

5. what kind of imovie type programs are available for us windows users?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. "Laserdisc rules. Fuck DVD." - Kevin Smith

"I was wrong. DVD Rules. Fuck Laserdisc." - Kevin Smith
    Time for a change

7. I still have mine, but apart from the Criterion Blade Runner and Akira (with the massive art supplemental), they are outdated.

8. My dad has about 5 laser disc I remember that was the thing for a while.

The Terminator

Cleopatra
    Beatoveen

and a few others are the ones we own. Used to have E.T but it was stolen.
    Anyone else have a few of these in the closet anywhere?
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

9. I got like 40, cleaned up a 1.00 sale a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    My dad has about 5 laser disc I remember that was the thing for a while.

The Terminator

Cleopatra
    Beatoveen

and a few others are the ones we own. Used to have E.T but it was stolen.
    Anyone else have a few of these in the closet anywhere?
    oh yeah, we have terminator two, too

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    I still have mine, but apart from the Criterion Blade Runner and Akira (with the massive art supplemental), they are outdated.
    As far as showing movies I think technically they are still the best horse in town. The image and sound is less compressed. BUT the quality increase is unnoticeable so it doesn't really matter. Plus they cost a whole lot more than DVDs. They also didn't have bonus features. So, yeah, laserdisc are the lose.