Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza aka Ryuga Gotoku

PlayStation  2 Yakuza aka Ryuga Gotoku

Originally titled "Project J" in its early development, Sega's Ryuga Gotoku is being produced for PlayStation 2 by Toshihiro Nagoshi, who also worked on F-Zero GX and Super Monkey Ball. Magic Box compares the look of the game to a combination of Grand Theft Auto and Shenmue. GameSpot shined some light on the talent involved:

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    Sega says that Ryu no Gotoku is targeted toward more-mature audiences. Ryu no Gotoku's storyline has been supervised by award-winning novelist Hase Seishu, who's best known for Fuyajou and other novels that take place in the underground society. The heavy drama is aided by voice acting from a number of famous celebrities in Japan. Lending their voices to the game are seasoned actor Tetsuya Watari, actress Junko Mihara, DJ Kei Grant, and martial artist Yoshiaki Fujiwara.
    http://the-magicbox.com/0508/game050823a.shtml

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08...s_6131768.html
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Feb 2006 at 01:07 PM.

I would have preferred they saved it for next gen hardware but it does look cool.

3. Wow. If it weren't for the resolution and slightly lower poly count, that would look better than Frame City Killer. Sammy cash has been a very good thing for Sega, it seems. That beats the crap out of Blood Will Tell.
    -Kyo

4. Looks good. Color me interested.

5. It looks like Dead to Rights with more Asian people.

Pass.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    It looks like Dead to Rights with more Asian people.

Pass.
    Does that mean instead of sicing the dog on people you eat it like a power-up?

Ba-zing.
    Time for a change

7. Hot damn, GTA meets Shenmue sounds good to me, and this looks impressive. It's a shame it'll be PS2-only, but I'm sure they'll release a port of it on another system.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Hot damn, GTA meets Shenmue sounds good to me, and this looks impressive. It's a shame it'll be PS2-only, but I'm sure they'll release a port of it on another system.
    Yeah. They should have put it somewhere it has no chance of selling like they did with Shenmue II.

9. Shenmue II probably wouldn't have sold well anyway. The DC original got a ton of hype and still sold poorly, while Shenmue II got little hype in mags by the time the Xbox version came out. I'm referring more to the visuals suffering due to it being PS2-only than anything else.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Yeah. They should have put it somewhere it has no chance of selling like they did with Shenmue II.
    You mean like Virtual On: Marz and Blood Will Tell?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2