Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Undercutting 3rd Parties Again?

Xbox 360 II Microsoft Undercutting 3rd Parties Again?

Both EB and GameStop have updated their Xbox 360 game prices. Every Microsoft-published game is now $49.99, but all of the third-party games are $59.99. If this is not just a temporary mismatch, Microsoft has once again shown third parties that they (wrongly) think they can beat Sony alone. Why the hell would you bite the hand that feeds you? It's not like Microsoft has more than one worthwhile game in their launch lineup (PGR3)...

2. I think we should panic.

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    I think we should panic.
    I'm down with this.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. So everyone will wait for price drops, just like they do now.

5. Well if Sony joins the bandwagon then I don't think it would be to much of a shocker.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    So everyone will wait for price drops, just like they do now.
    Yeah, but now is four-plus years removed from the start of a generation.

7. I wouldn't panic. MS might be fucking shit up but I don't think they are that stupid. It probably has more to do with EB and Gamestop just putting pricing on the items. I don't think it is anywhere near official.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    I wouldn't panic. MS might be fucking shit up but I don't think they are that stupid. It probably has more to do with EB and Gamestop just putting pricing on the items. I don't think it is anywhere near official.
    I would hope that's true, although both EB and GameStop changed the MS prices from $59.99 to $49.99 yesterday, so they already had a place-holder price on them.

9. I'd be pissed to if people kept changing the prices on my games I'm trying to sell. This won't be a biggie though MS is not that stupid.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

10. To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that surprised or concerned about this, whether true or not (hell, Sony does the same thing with most of their first party titles, or did for a few years, even though it's not exactly the same thing with game prices now increasing). What I'm more concerned about is what Microsoft would do if they actually do become the market leader, or even pushed Sony out of the game all together. And I don't really understand why so many want to see that happen. I mean, I'll always play their games if they've got the goods, but eh.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.