Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shogun Empires and Feel the Magic 2 DS screens.

1. I like how StrytderKyo chose the finest looking pics he could find to make his point. I could care less about the games in the thread, but it's taking willpower not to order the import of Castlevenia.

Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I could care less about the games in the thread, but it's taking willpower not to order the import of Castlevenia.
    Truer words have never been written.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I like how StrytderKyo chose the finest looking pics he could find to make his point. I could care less about the games in the thread, but it's taking willpower not to order the import of Castlevenia.
    Well hey, what's the point of trying to demonstrate DS has some power by showing pics that don't make use of it?

As for importing Castlevania, I wouldn't bother. It'll be out here the first week of October, like 5 weeks from now. But the impressions say it's awesome - Famitsu said it was the best Castlevania since SotN. It's supposed to be alot tougher than Symphony, which is good because I thought it took alot out of that game that you could just stroll through it and beat the last boss in like 5 hits.
    -Kyo

4. Shogun is going to be, quite possible, the worst game in the DS line-up. Yes, worse than Ping Pals.

It kept arriving in the Namco offices once every couple of months and they would stick a couple of people on it to decide if it was worth picking up. I think it got rejected 3 times before, for some ungodly reason, they picked it up.

I think it was on the 4th stab at it that the piece of shit didn't crash at the title screen. Then you get into it and you realize that it is just turn based only you move your troops in real time. . or something crazy like that. The game made no sense!
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. Interestingly enough, the 2D hardware in the DS is exactly the same as that of the GBA, but clocked slightly higher to compensate for the slightly increased screen resolution. I haven't seen the Castlevania game in motion, but if it looks good (good as in better than your typical GBA game) they're most likely making use of the 3D hardware to overlay flat polygons that are textured and/or alpha blended for effects. The DS wont give you any impressive fullscreen 3D, but you can squeeze a lot out of the hardware if you use it wisely and use it's 3D capabilities approprietly.