Thread: Laptop battery draining power too fast...

1. Laptop battery draining power too fast...

Lately my laptop battery when not pluged into a external power source has been draining in about an hour. It normaly should go up to 4 at least. I talked to a friend who told me you should never leave your laptop continuously charging or the battery will become weak just like the old RC toy cars did.

Any suggestions or do I have any alternatives other than to buy a new battery?
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Kill yourself.

Mortal Kombat.

4. Your computer probably sucks.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

5. Thanks for the help.

6. Mmmm... help.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Kill yourself.
    I think most people would want you to do this to yourself on these boards...

Rechargable batteries are finicky things...you probably just need a new battery. Sometimes they last several years, sometimes they go south after just a few months.

Generally speaking, if your battery is a NiCd battery, you shouldn't leave it plugged in all the time, if it's a LiIon, it's better for the battery to stay as close to a full charge as possible. At least, that's what the manual for any LiIon device I've ever had says.

As far as alternatives... get a power inverter for the car. They're 20 bucks or so, and chances are you'll be near either a regular power outlet or a car somewhere, so your laptop will still be useful. Either that, or try to find a generic cheap one on the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Rechargable batteries are finicky things...you probably just need a new battery. Sometimes they last several years, sometimes they go south after just a few months.

Generally speaking, if your battery is a NiCd battery, you shouldn't leave it plugged in all the time, if it's a LiIon, it's better for the battery to stay as close to a full charge as possible. At least, that's what the manual for any LiIon device I've ever had says.

As far as alternatives... get a power inverter for the car. They're 20 bucks or so, and chances are you'll be near either a regular power outlet or a car somewhere, so your laptop will still be useful. Either that, or try to find a generic cheap one on the net.
    Thanks for the help.

Yea the Laptop is fine. I don't have to have it plugged up all the time. But I noticed its not charging to full capacity.