Thread: Infinite Ryvius

1. Infinite Ryvius

I got the complete box set for 45 bucks from Fry's a few days ago and I'm almost finished with it. I know a few other people started with this when it started two years ago, but did anyone finish it?

Is there anyone to talk about it with here?

2. I've seen the first 4 or so volumes. It's not bad, but the show can't decide if it'sa teen drama or space oddysee or what have you. The only thing very memorable about it is the ridiculous eyecatch between commercials.

"RRRRRRYYYYVIIIIIIIIOUUUUUUUSS!!"

3. Yeah, it has it's problem.

But considering the box is so cheap, people should pick it up just to watch Fina go completely insane.

4. No they shouldn't

This was one of the most dissapointing series I have ever seen.

The animation is dated and the art design is all over the place.

The dialogue is okay in the fact that it doesn't have the corniness of shows like digimon or whatever. However the voice acting seems forced a lot and the actual writing isn't all that great either.

The plot jumps between being Lord of the flies to gundam. If it just sticked to one(IMO the lord of the flies) it would have been more tolerable. Instead it just a garbled mess.

The characters all seem to be stereotypes and predictable. the pacifist, the fighter, the clown, the cute girl that tags along most of the time.etc... All the heroes were waste of space.

Ironically the "villains" were much more developed and had more interesting stories. Sometimes I wished they would just drop the main good guy and pick up on his brother instead and his stalker instead.

For 45 bucks you were screwed in IMHO. $30 bucks at most for a series like this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    I've seen the first 4 or so volumes. It's not bad, but the show can't decide if it's a teen drama or space odyssey or what have you. The only thing very memorable about it is the ridiculous eyecatch between commercials.

"RRRRRRYYYYVIIIIIIIIOUUUUUUUSS!!"
    Didn't it have that character doing that little rap in one of the episodes...that Ken made us watch over and over again?

"Just the other day, I said we'd be okay
    I'm like a genius, I'm never ever ever wrong about this
    My instant prognosis-"

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP?"
    "Geek!"
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do