Thread: Street Fighter II (animated) Movie Game?

1. Film Street Fighter II (animated) Movie Game?

I was flipping through an old anime magazine that has a small blurb about a videogame based on the animated Street Fighter II movie. The blurb claims that the "Monitor Cyborg" would be a playable character. Whatever happened to this game?

2. Quote Originally Posted by adol
    I was flipping through an old anime magazine that has a small blurb about a videogame based on the animated Street Fighter II movie. The blurb claims that the "Monitor Cyborg" would be a playable character. Whatever happened to this game?
    NZe or someone could tell you more for sure, as I know very little. The game waas indeed released, it seemed to be one of those CD games that are 90% animation with a bit of interaction on the player's side. At some point you get to take the Cyborg on SF style, all I've seem of that parts are a few shots. Wanted to try to get my hands on this game a few years ago, failed. I'm hoping someome here has it and can tell us more.
    Last edited by Grave; 31 Aug 2005 at 12:38 AM. Reason: can't type

3. Yeah, I always thought that shit looked cool.

4. Quote Originally Posted by adol
    The blurb claims that the "Monitor Cyborg" would be a playable character.
    Monitaur?

5. Yeah, I almost got it, but then when I realized it was basically Dragon's Lair (but worse), I decided to pass. Plus it had a lot of Japanese, so it was like that Saturn Fist of the North Star game where you'd have no clue what the fuck you were doing. I think the Saturn version required the MPEG card too (or at least supported it).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. adol, trust me -- you aren't missing anything. SF meets Dragon's Lair basically sums up what that game was all about.

7. I remember hearing that the monitor cyborg vs ryu fight is the only typical street fighter part of the game and it's not even all that fun or complex.

8. Thanks for the info, all. The article I mentioned didn't have any screenshots, just the Monitor Cyborg standing in front of a SFII logo.

9. where are the screenshots? i wanna see