Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Radar mag expose of Tom Cruise and Scientology

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    They beleive that an alien named Xenu came to what we now know as Earth billions of years ago, and destroyed a race of people known as the Thetans. The Thetans now posess the sould of humans and corrupt them, and the object of scientology is to clear ones self of these Thetans. This is accomplished by paying large amounts of money to use a bad 60s sci-fi movie prop called an "e-meter".

Really.
    It's like christianity and stopping people from being controlled by demons of satan, except they don't need e-meters to remove them. Only holy mutterings like "demons be gone!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    It's like christianity and stopping people from being controlled by demons of satan, except they don't need e-meters to remove them. Only holy mutterings like "demons be gone!"
    except that the priests don't charge you for it, and the bible isn't copyrighted.

3. except that the priests don't charge you for it
    tithing! The priests don't ask for it, but god does.

, and the bible isn't copyrighted.
    Of course it isn't. The last surviving author died well over 70 years ago.

4. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Look guys, Scientology isn't all that weird supernatural aliens mumbo-jumbo you keep hearing about. It's a revolutionary approach toward self-motivated psychoanalysis that helps you rediscover who you are and who you can be. No man has ever walked the Earth like LRH.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    The above post does not invoke a feeling of surprise from me
    you're dumb

6. OK, well you and gozen study your scientology or sociology or whatever else worthless junk you do

7. you're really dumb

8. Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    They beleive that an alien named Xenu came to what we now know as Earth billions of years ago, and destroyed a race of people known as the Thetans. The Thetans now posess the sould of humans and corrupt them, and the object of scientology is to clear ones self of these Thetans. This is accomplished by paying large amounts of money to use a bad 60s sci-fi movie prop called an "e-meter".

Really.
    are you serious?
    its so hard to know if someone is sarcastic these days

9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy

Please tell me this is sarcasm.
    It is or it had better be.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you've ever posted. I'll have to go back and check.

10. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC
    It's also rooted in Satanism.
    There is an element of truth to this. When Hubbard was in the prime of creating the religion and the Xenu story he was under the influence of drugs and having regular nightly sessions with the founder of Satanism. Alex...? ah, can't remember his name. English guy.

And comparing thetans to angels, demons, Bible ect. is rediculous because most Christians and Jews don't go around paying for "e-meter" gauges trying to will little fairies outta their bodies.

Anyways, I again encourage you guys to buy the magazine, it is a good read. The full article was very well written.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    It's simple, he was sucked into the pyramid scheme, allured by entering near the middle, they now have definitive proof he is a Homo and he is being blackmailed by them.

Simple.
    He sure looks happy (crazy-happy yes) for someone being blackmailed. I'd say it's more like they let him live two lives: They help him "advance" and be Big movie star Tom who makes the religion look glitzy to dupes and in return help him keep his closet homo-Tommy-status (which if he came out he'd lose leading man roles really quick) by indulging on the compounds on Hubbard's clipper ship with David the wacko dwarf (as the Mr. Toboyoyan in the affidavit the article quoted hinted at).
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 31 Aug 2005 at 03:24 AM.