Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega to show VF5, Afterburner, HotD4, Virtua Tennis 3, Sci-Fi @ AM show tomorrow.

1. Sega to show VF5, Afterburner, HotD4, Virtua Tennis 3, Sci-Fi @ AM show tomorrow.

According to Famitsu, Sega is apparently set to show Virtua Fighter 5, Afterburner, House of the Dead 4, Power Smash 3 (Virtua Tennis), and a game called Sci-Fi, all running on Lindbergh (new arcade board) at the AM show tomorrow.

Sci-Fi is a new "vs action shooting game" produced by Yu Suzuki.

Go Sega.

Discuss.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

If Street Fighter IV wasn't also being shown, Sega would have a chance to have an interesting lineup. Only complete failure on Capcom's part makes Sega's lineup anything other than background noise.

3. Virtua Fighter > Street Fighter.

Yeah, I went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Virtua Fighter > Street Fighter.

Yeah, I went there.
    Yeah, you went there. You also got shit on the bottom of your shoe.

5. From being inside of an anus, I gather? Clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    From being inside of an anus, I gather?
    I don't know about your foot, but your head certainly was when you thought Virtua Fighter even deserves to be mentioned in a "best fighter" conversation without "3D" being a caveat. Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, and Fatal Fury are all better than Virtua Fighter. Beating Tekken and Dead or Alive doesn't say all that much in the grand scheme of things. Virtua Fighter is, however, better than anything with "versus" in the title, especially if "Marvel" is with the "versus".

Also, when Sega shows up to an AM show without the only genre they really, really do well, racing, they lose.

7. Alright.

8. Unless Lindbergh is based on 360 or PS3, its destined to be another underutilized, unprofitable waste of space. GG Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Unless Lindbergh is based on 360 or PS3, its destined to be another underutilized, unprofitable waste of space. GG Sega.
    It's not based on either one, unfortunately, so I agree with you.

10. Considering Sega makes most of their money from their arcade business, and their arcade hardware is utilized more than any other, I think both of your points are moot, and the fact that arcade hardware doesn't determine whether a game gets a console port or not says you are also douche bags.