Page 1 of 47 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (PSP)

1. Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (PSP)

http://psp.ign.com/articles/646/646948p1.html

August 31, 2005 - Capcom classic Ghouls 'n Ghost series is set for a revival, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. The magazine is home to the unveiling of Goku Makaimura, a title that can be translated to English as Extreme Ghouls 'n Ghosts. And thank the makers -- specifically, director Tokurou Fujiwara, who's also considered the father of the series -- it's not a port!

Goku Makaimura is an all new entry in the series specifically designed for the PSP. The game makes use of a 3D graphics engine, giving depth to the visuals. Those who remember the original games (the last true entry appeared in 1991) will be pleased to learn that the PSP version still looks like one would expect of the series thanks to similar art direction.

Gameplay also retains the basic flavor of past titles, but adds plenty of new elements. Your goal is to work your way through side-scrolling stages, defeating enemies and using your best platforming skills. The game lets you build up your skills as you progress. You start off with just a basic jump, but eventually gain a double jump and even the ability to fly. You'll also earn lots of magic spells along the way. The game promises a greater number of spells and weapons than ever before.

New for Goku Makaimura is non-linear gameplay. You're no longer on a fixed path from start to end. The levels include branching points and even warp points. By using a warp point, you can warp back to previous levels and collecting items that you might have missed.

Capcom plans on showcasing a playable build of Goku Makaimura at the Tokyo Game Show, set to open its doors on 9/16. The game is currently without a final release date.
    Sounds great. Can't wait to see some pics.
    Last edited by Andy; 17 Feb 2006 at 07:03 PM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

Kick ass! It sounds 2.5D, so no camera issues.

3. I eagerly await this title

I love me some hot G on G action
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. girls on girls.....cool

5. So I guess 2D is being discouraged on the PSP as well then... Boo.
    *watis for screen shots*

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    So I guess 2D is being discouraged on the PSP as well then... Boo.
    *watis for screen shots*
    Wha?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. I think he's saying that since it isn't 2D, they went with 2.5D (potentially) to placate Sony. I doubt they need much placating though; after all, a launch game was 2D.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 31 Aug 2005 at 02:53 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. GnG is one of my all time favorite series, the PSP version sounds good, but i hope it doesnt turn out to be another Maximo. and btw, it better be fuckin difficult, cuz if it's easy it aint ghouls n ghosts.

which reminds me, whatever happene to the online GnG that was planned for PS2 and XBOX?

9. My first must have for the PSP. Sold.

10. Wow. An actual GnG sequel instead of a remake. I hope this isn't the last of this kind of game we'll see on PSP.

I could care less about sprites, as long as the gameplay is 2D. I think polygonal 2D action/shooting games look fantastic (IF implented properly.. I hear Sengoku Cannon looked like a dud).
    Last edited by Taito; 31 Aug 2005 at 01:02 PM.