Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales of Symphonia (GCN)

I don't think the story was terrible. However, the game did give up all it's cool plot twist by the 27/30 hour mark, leaving you with nothing but the same old plot twist you've plaid before. The end was more generic than bad. Oh, and character development was kind of blah at that point too. So and so is my daddy, oh nozes.

2. And I thought it became painfully obvious from like, the first hour of the game.

3. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I don't think the story was terrible. However, the game did give up all it's cool plot twist by the 27/30 hour mark, leaving you with nothing but the same old plot twist you've plaid before. The end was more generic than bad. Oh, and character development was kind of blah at that point too. So and so is my daddy, oh nozes.
    Yeah, I think the main problem with Tales of Symphonia was how the main objective the party had to focus on was being repeated every 15 minutes.

So all we have to do is create this crest for the Cruxis Crystal and she'll be ok?
    Yes!
    Let's do it!

10 minutes later.

Ok, let's remember about that Cruxis Crystal.
    Right, she'll be back to normal if we just create that crest for her Cruxis Crystal.
    Alright, yeah!

[...]

Aside that, Colette was the most annoying voice actress amongst the party, so she pretty much ruined anything Cam Clarke would say. The battle system was still unaffected by the story's progression and remained flawless. FLAWLESS!

They need to let Itaguke make a Japrpg. I think he could actually do something orginal. Or at least make long rants for me to read online about doing so. Said rants would be at least 75% cooler than any jrpg out of japan in the past 10 years.

Has there been a truly freudian JRPG yet? You know, a quest to bang your mother and kill your father? Or is that just not epic enough?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Has there been a truly freudian JRPG yet? You know, a quest to bang your mother and kill your father? Or is that just not epic enough?
    I'm pretty sure there is a play about that. Something about a Dinosour.

7. It's a good game. But the story needs work..

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Oedipus Rex WAS an epic. Just make his mother a teenager and his father a 15' tall tentacle demon and we've got an anime, jrpg, and manga all wrapped up in a bow.
    Time for a change