Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acclaim execs treated company like "personal piggy-bank"

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    I don't know what offends me more - that the two founders funnelled themselves 150 million through dummy corporations, or that they had the money to misdirect in the first place.
    I keep thinking about that Greg Fishbach interview in Next Gen. That makes me angry. He blamed everything and everyone but himself and his company (until Next Gen cornered him -- I love that mag) for his downfall.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 02 Sep 2005 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I'm fucking beat, dude. Fucking beat.

2. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Their games sucking had nothing to do with it, if you read the article. Acclaim had tons of cash.

I don't know what offends me more - that the two founders funnelled themselves 150 million through dummy corporations, or that they had the money to misdirect in the first place.
    Trip Hawkins did it better!

3. That's it! I've been wasting my life, it's time to start publishing video games. If there's this kind of money floating around from flogging crap games to the gullible public, I want in.

Secret plan- Create secondary company to publish stuff that I'd actually want to play, funded entirely on profits from the cash-cow company. Seeing as I could probably get the rights to most games I'd want for a nickel a pop, I don't see it as a huge issue.

James

4. Bah, you don't need to go through so much effort. Just work up designs for a dummy console you never plan to actually make and rake in the gullible investors.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    "Their games sucking had nothing to do with it, if you read the article. Acclaim had tons of cash."
    it was a joke
    I agree. Their ability to make so much money with crap games was a joke.