Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Editorial on lack of PSP games/problems from OPM/1up.com.

1. Where were these articles during the seven months that the DS had absolute fuck all for games? And now that it has a half dozen quality games, people forget about all that time and act as if the DS's lineup is some ungodly gift to the video game medium. As far as I'm concerned, the DS has just recently gained the worthiness of even being given attention, and still has catching up to do compared to the current PSP lineup.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. I don't get all this bitching about the PSP.

Currently I own three games for the machine: Wipeout Pure, Namco Museum, and Lumines. All three are excellent and well exceed my expectations.

I have had zero problems with the thing so far. With GTA: LC, Burnout, and GnG on the horizon, things will only get better.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    Currently I own three games for the machine: Wipeout Pure, Namco Museum, and Lumines. All three are excellent and well exceed my expectations.
    Aside from wipeout, you have poor taste.

With GTA: LC, Burnout, and GnG on the horizon, things will only get better.
    ok, I was wrong.

4. sleeveboy, how are the remakes on the Namco collection? They're one key reason I'm interested in it, and if they're done well, it'll be an instant purchase when I get the PSP.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Where were these articles during the seven months that the DS had absolute fuck all for games? And now that it has a half dozen quality games, people forget about all that time and act as if the DS's lineup is some ungodly gift to the video game medium. As far as I'm concerned, the DS has just recently gained the worthiness of even being given attention, and still has catching up to do compared to the current PSP lineup.
    Nobody expected anything from the DS before it was launched, most people thought it was a joke, and Nintendo didn't say (from what I recall) that it was going to "save portable gaming" like Sony did about the PSP.

As well, a lot of great software was shown to be coming for the DS, even when it had little on shelves. One of the arguments here is that it isn't the same about the PSP. For as major of a piece of hardware as it is, there should be far more quality software in the pipeline being shown, and there really isn't.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Once Sony starts shipping PSPs with 2.0 firmware, I think we'll see a dip in hardware sales.

In fact, I think the fact that the v1.5 firmware is a 'limited time offer' of sorts is one of the few things driving current PSP sales.

The article is a bit exaggerated, though.
    It is now common practice to launch systems with anemic software support.
    The lack of announcements for future games is a bit of a letdown, though.

It's going to take more than Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and Virtua Tennis for me to take the plunge.

At this point I'm more Interested in the GP2X, since it's been designed from the very beginning as a platform for emulation.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Where were these articles during the seven months that the DS had absolute fuck all for games? And now that it has a half dozen quality games, people forget about all that time and act as if the DS's lineup is some ungodly gift to the video game medium. As far as I'm concerned, the DS has just recently gained the worthiness of even being given attention, and still has catching up to do compared to the current PSP lineup.
    I think the reason why the DS wasn't attacked as much back then was becuase they were still games to look forward too. You had nintendogs,advance wars,Online MK and AC, plus a lot of sleeper hits like that courtroom game,trace memory and lost in blue.

The situation reminds me the PS2. A lot of crap at the start,but plenty of promises of great games that got people through.

It's the opposite with the PSP. The launch line-up was great, but severly one-sided. Unless you like racers and sports games your screwed. Also they are not as many big games in the future. You have burnout legends a port of a bunch of old games ala MKS, but without wifi, Madden which honestly has gotten less anticiapated becuase of the negative reviews that MAdden 06 on the console has and GTA which may or may not be huge.

I'm not sasying they are right, but they are not that far off base.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Because the DS had games on the horizon and the PSP doesn't really maybe? There was a drought for both systems, but atleast Nintendo had a FEW games to play, not to mention the entire GB library.

The PSP has nothing now, and from what people can tell, doesn't have anything until Christmas (if that).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Once Sony starts shipping PSPs with 2.0 firmware, I think we'll see a dip in hardware sales.
    Being honest, Joe Average has no idea what a "2.0 firmware" or a "1.5 firmware" is, nor does he care. People like us know and care, but those kind of people are the type far more likely to already have a PSP by now.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Because the DS had games on the horizon and the PSP doesn't really maybe? There was a drought for both systems, but atleast Nintendo had a FEW games to play, not to mention the entire GB library.

The PSP has nothing now, and from what people can tell, doesn't have anything until Christmas (if that).
    Quick clarification. The DS has the entire GBA library (sans the motion-sensitive games I'd imagine), not the entire GB/GBC library.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan