Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: PSP = most successful UK hardware launch ever, 2x+ DS.

1. Mutts is cute. It has some nice George Herriman (Krazy Kat) references and seems to be the only newer comic that could sit with the classics. Zits isn't too bad and Non-sequiter and Rose is Rose are good from time to time. I'm sure there are a few more that aren't bad.

The old comic strips were really charming. The ones that just kept going should've stopped long ago, save maybe Gasoline Alley and a few others. It's been years since i've seen a paper that carries it, but at least the characters age. Anyways, it's nice to see that Blondie was hotter in the pre-surgery days.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Things were much better in the past, huh?

Look at everyone flop over in the last panel. That Blondie... she sure had quite a mouth.
    That's my point. Far too many comic strips have been poorly drawn mirror images of each other.

3. I know lots of women that read Family Circus, mostly Moms, I guess it's some sort of inside joke

4. By the whole webcomics offer better art, writing and more colour than syndication at the moment. But they're also different markets. To us it's boring tripe, to old geisures like frostwolf and Seven Force (I think, could be Master of 7s) that might be hilarious.

Anyway I think I came down on you too hard Andy. Sorry. But fuck, it always seems like you're giving the DS an elbow in the ribs at every chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    By the whole webcomics offer better art, writing and more colour than syndication at the moment. But they're also different markets. To us it's boring tripe, to old geisures like frostwolf and Seven Force (I think, could be Master of 7s) that might be hilarious.
    The word is "geezer" and who you callin' old ya whippersnapper?