Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2D Revivals on PSP

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    i dont see how one game can open up a "potential floodgate".
    The potential floodgate was there. Now the dam has been breached!

2. wishfull thinking. i dont want you to get hurt.

Of course it's wishful thinking. Since this year has sucked ass for games, I need to spend more time dreaming. It's cheaper and there's more replay value.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Of course it's wishful thinking. Since this year has sucked ass for games, I need to spend more time dreaming. It's cheaper and there's more replay value.
    but theres been OMGWOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    but theres been OMGWOW!
    That was last year. This year has seen RE4 and just about nothing else.

6. heres a small list of games I'd like:

Alex Kidd
    Rocky & Pocky
    Snow Bros (you could do some crazy shit with the combo-ing system)
    PARODIOUS.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Rolling Thunder (Namco)
    It's already been done on Namco Museum Battle Collection. I was very happy to see Rolling Thunder was included--it's the first official home version of that game released in the US since the NES and C64 versions (maybe for other computers too) in the 1980s!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    The fact that the PSP is widescreen makes in a horizontal shooter's paradise. Thus, I included lots of those. I am sure I forgot some great choices as well.
    It's great for vertical shooters, too. Just rotate the whole system 90 degress, kind of like some of the Atari Lynx games did. Namco Museum Battle Collection lets you do this for games that used a vertically-oriented screen in the arcades. Oddly enough, this mode is called "horizontal" in the options screen, while the PSP held in the typical "landscape" orientation (with controls on the left and right sides) is called "vertical."

There were lots of good suggestions made. A new R-Type or Gradius game on PSP would be excellent. I also wouldn't mind a port of The Raiden Project from the PS1 (featuring Raiden and Raiden II), since I never got around to buying that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    marble madness.
    Already coming on Midway Arcade Treasures for PSP. That, and many other games that I want, will be on that disc!

I'd like to see an all-new 2D Castlevania in the style of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. A port of that game wouldn't be so bad, either, but I personally want a new one.

Alien Hominid was very fun. A GBA version is coming soon; I wouldn't mind seeing it on PSP also!

A new Gunstar Heroes for PSP would be sweet. Gunstar Super Heroes is coming to GBA (it's one of the only upcoming GBA games that I am interested in), and it looks fabulous by GBA standards, but a PSP version would look even better with its higher resolution screen and larger color palette.

One 2D game that I would really love to see a proper update to (which I doubt most of you have even thought of...but once you see the name, you'll know its worthy) is the classic Impossible Mission from Epyx. I would actually be happy with a game with identical gameplay, same room layouts and such (you'll see why in a moment), no added powerups or anything--but with a beautiful coat of paint using high-color prerendered sprites, with your character and the robots being either prerendered sprites or smooth polygons. Fans might remember that the original game had 32 rooms which were randomly rearranged within the underground complex, and had robots' behaviors altered each time (they were in the same locations, but each individual robot could behave differently from one game to the next), so you had a vast amount of replay value.

Impossible Mission appeared last year on the Commodore 64 Direct-to-TV, and I think there is also a new cell phone version of the game that was recently made, so it looks like someone is still doing something with this property. Let's see a PSP version next!

Activision's Zenji would make an awesome portable puzzle game.

"PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    i dont see how one game can open up a "potential floodgate".
    Do you now?