Thread: Nice article on 2D games in latest NP

1. Nice article on 2D games in latest NP

*EDIT*: I meant "With Masato Maegawa quotes"

After hearing they'd revamped their format greatly I decided to try a free 3 issue sample subscription to Nintendo Power recently and have been pleasantly surprised (I always thought it was a decent mag and it has a soft spot of nostalgia for the 'younger gamer' in me but hadn't felt a need to subscribe in 5 years with theinternet and all ya know?) The content overall is much more focused and it has excellent interviews (last month's interview with Koji Kondo an example) I always thought the reviews were for the most part seemingly unbiased but this month they prove it, Geist got trashed with a 5.0. ha

Anyways, this month they have an article on "Why developers keep going back to 2D games" and it has some nice quotes from Masato Maegawa on why he personally feels 2D gameplay is easier to execute, not to mention a nice Gunstar Heroes preview with side by side pictures of the GBA game and the Genny classic to show how the graphics have improved (to a degree)
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 06 Sep 2005 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Anyways, this month they have an article on "Why developers keep going back to 2D games" and it has some nice quotes from Masato Maegawa on why he personally feels 2D gameplay is easier to execute, not to mention a nice Gunstar Heroes preview with side by side pictures of the GBA game and the Genny classic to show how the graphics have improved (to a degree)
    I assume you'll be sharing said quotes with us?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I assume you'll be sharing said quotes with us?
    Forgot my Nintendo Power at home. I will post them right after work.

4. I'd love to see those side by side pics too....

5. Nintendo Power's getting decent as of two issues ago. There have been some nice nods to non-Nintendo systems and they're covering stuff that isn't reviews and previews. Good for them.

I'm glad they show us that Bound High wasn't a lie after all. I still want my Bound High and Dragon Hopper, jerks.

I just got three free issues for registering Kirby, Advance Wars, and Mario Baseball, so I'll be interested to see if the quality is that much better.

7. Nintendo Power's getting decent as of two issues ago. There have been some nice nods to non-Nintendo systems and they're covering stuff that isn't reviews and previews. Good for them.
    This is the truth, the mag has always sucked but the new mag is pretty cool.

I always thought the reviews were for the most part seemingly unbiased but this month they prove it, Geist got trashed with a 5.0. ha
    They've always seemed to be more critical towards Nintendo's games than anyone else, I respect that.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150