Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiko Drum Master - $20 Best Buy in-store

1. Chicken Taiko Drum Master - $20 Best Buy in-store

Am I going crazy, or was there not a thread about the Taiko price drop at Best Buy and now it's gone?

Anyhow, it sold out online, but the game is indeed also $19.99 in store - it is still marked higher, but the correct price will ring up at the register. Even better, use the gift card $5 off coupon "trick" to net the game for a cool $15.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Damn, good thing I placed the order earlier this morning. Hopefully it'll go through.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Circuit City does 110% price matching...
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

The Bestbuy on Central Avenue in Yonkers had these for 10 dollars each. I bagged two of them and gave one to a friend.

It's a fun game but it's a shame the drum is so big and shitty.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. What is wrong with the drum? The one I got from the Japanese version works just fine. And actually, I think it should be bigger... the arcade version is huge.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

The drums have sweet spots. If you don't whack it hard enough on the exact spot, the hit won't register (completely throwing you off). I also have problems with the drum slipping all over the place (Not too hard to fix). It's a bitch having to readjust the drum like a typewriter ever so often.

As for size, I just hate specialty controllers. And no, I'm not importing the older Drum Master games any time soon.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

I hold the drum between my feet.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. The "sweet spot" issue is the biggest one I have with it. So many times it's just habit to hit the center too. But it took me forever to finally get it so that I could hit the rim right. I actually have only played it once since getting it for myself (I gave it to my cousins a while ago), and just getting DK.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

You can actually see the plastic bar in the center that seperates both halves of the drum surface. It's about a centimeter wide and yeah, it's a bitch to stop hitting it.

I'm giving the second drum away to my friend so he can keep both at his house. It's a lot more fun 2-players anyway.

10. EB is selling it new for $30 now, too.