Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiko Drum Master - $20 Best Buy in-store

1. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    The "sweet spot" issue is the biggest one I have with it. So many times it's just habit to hit the center too. But it took me forever to finally get it so that I could hit the rim right. I actually have only played it once since getting it for myself (I gave it to my cousins a while ago), and just getting DK.
    Uhm... you people are aware that there are "right" hits and "left" hits, correct? You aren't supposed to be hitting it in the center. The game is set up to be played as if you are playing a real taiko drum, which is done two handed with off-centered hits.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Hitting either side doesn't really make a difference though. It's bullshit.

At least Donkey Konga has that...
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. It's not a game for the Go-Go BeatMania XVII DX plus Alpha rhythm master crowd, though, it's a game to pull out when you and your non-gaming-proficient friends are drunk.

And for that it is awesome.

4. I went by the Best Buy in Lewisville (Texas). They had just one left, with a price tag of $60. I took it to the register and it rang up for $20.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Hitting either side doesn't really make a difference though. It's bullshit.

At least Donkey Konga has that...
    I would still argue it isn't fair to blame the controller for something it was never meant to do in the first place. It wasn't made to have center hits - hell, I'm pretty sure the arcade version wasn't meant to either. So you can't really expect it to allow center hits when that was never part of the intended method of play.

Anyhow, finally picked up my copy today. If you go and there are no more copies in the usual place, check around or ask. Many Best Buys I've been to have a separate area where they keep a lot of the bigger game peripherals and stuff, and they probably have more copies there. That's exactly what happened to me today.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. I was surprised that my drums came in yesterday since I ordered standard shipping (protip: standard shipping can sometimes be faster than expedited shipping). Fun game. Definitely worth the $20 I spent.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios