Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Clerks 2: Passion of the clerks

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    He only pisses me off because early on he displayed a germ of genius.
    Then instead of actually developing it into something more, he was more than happy to milk the shit out of it while we idiots ate it up.
    The turning point for me was listening to a commentary and he was laughing at how he never moves a camera or does anything a professional director should be doing.
    Yea, I caught a bit of Mallrats a couple weeks ago and was amazed at the incompetence on display. He set up a camera and had actors awkwardly shuffle in and out, like a high school theater production. But the writing still kept it entertaining. Here we are, though, 17 years later and his new movies don't have that quality writing and the direction is just as incompetent. It takes a special brand of lazy hackishness to not improve at your craft after that long.

2. Wow, Clerks 3! Film announcement I couldn't care less about #11203.

BTW, Cop Out is one of the worst films ever made. EVER MADE.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    People doing bad things is bad.
    Kevin Smith making bad movies is bad.
    That he keeps going back to the well over and over is bad and pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    He only pisses me off because early on he displayed a germ of genius.
    Then instead of actually developing it into something more, he was more than happy to milk the shit out of it while we idiots ate it up.
    The turning point for me was listening to a commentary and he was laughing at how he never moves a camera or does anything a professional director should be doing.
    These two quotes sum up my exact feelings on Kevin Smith. Well played, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    You try to make sound like your opinion matters. Much like mine, it doesn't mean shit.
    But MINE does...and Kevin Smith sucks donkey dick. Even Bruce Willis thinks so.

Go cry about it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. His movies are really hit or miss for me but damn do I love his podcasts.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. Im having deja vu. Oh yeah! We went through all this in the Red State thread. You know what was unique about that movie? Usually it takes three or four writers to pen a movie that feels like three or four movies were jammed together into one big hodge podge mess with no clear vision. In Red State, Kevin Smith managed to do that all by himself.
    Bravo!

Kevin.

What are you doing Kevin.

Kevin.

stahp.