Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this bootleg?

Is this bootleg?

My little sis wants this for her B day

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/deta...Collection+DVD

the region freeness of the dvds bothers me

is it bootleg?

2. I am pretty sure that all the anime at discount anime dvd are boots. If they are good boots who cares?

my soul

4. Bootleg. Direct rip of another bootleg. DVD Rips. Reviews of the "original" bootleg here: http://www.import-anime.com/index.ph...w&item_id=2463

5. On a side note, that would have been an amazing box set if it wasn't a bootleg.

6. Quality bootlegs are kickass. Can't beat the price. Gotta love Hong Kong.
    Time for a change

7. I don't think I could buy a boot after seeing how much they're marked up through these distributors. When I was in Nanjing I picked up a Ghibli collection of 15 movies for about $15. Yeah, the packaging's not the best, plastic snap's broken inside, but the actially movies look great.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    the region freeness of the dvds bothers me

is it bootleg?
    Seven movies on four discs? There's no way that's not a bootleg.

9. Here's the thing - if you're going to pirate, download it off of the internet and don't give money to the people who make these bootleg discs. If you want it on DVD, then just go to your local store and buy the damn DVDs. It took forever to get the Studio Ghibli stuff over here, and now we finally have it at decent prices. And damn, especially with Ghibli stuff, they give us quality movies, so support the damn company. If you're picking up bootlegs of Yugioh or whatnot, that's one thing, but have at least some standards.

But pretty much ANY time you see anime sold as region 0, it is bootleg. There have been a few releases that were all region, but 99.9% of the stuff that is that was isn't legit.

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl
    If they are good boots who cares?
    Didn't I finally talk you into actually buying legit stuff? Or was that one of the other TNL girls?
    Last edited by mollipen; 12 Sep 2005 at 01:35 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Steal your shit off the internet like everyone else.

Paying for bootlegs is stupid stupid.