Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

I'm pretty sure he hates you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. I am giving up on buying Alts/Binaltechs. First, they are supremely hard to find. Second, repaints sucks (I know they are trying to milk every dime for every mold, but 3 versions of Wrangler Jeep is abit overkill) and makes collecting a joke. Third, the collector market inflates the price to ridiculous levels. This is like Baseball cards/comic books/Beanie babies all over again. Forth, I notice that the quality of the mold/build is going way down. When I first start buying these, everything transform as they should, but even the repaints are not the same. I got Sunstreaker and it can barely transform into the car form.

Oh well. Enough bitching. Anyone got Primus? That planet looks badass.

I want Primus, but to be honest I don't have room for a TF that damn big.

I can fit Unicron on my desk, he actually doubles as a stand for my wireless router.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. I think of it this way....keep collecting, but only purchase the molds that are worth it. You don't have to be a completist or anything to enjoy this line.

And if you're getting tired of searching for them in-stores, you can reserve and order online from several places. You might pay an extra $10, but you can think of that as "gas saved".

---

I saw Primus w/ the Unicron head in Wal-Mart today. He's been there for a few days, apparently.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Thanks for the info on the new die-cast figures, the War Within figures look pretty good. here's a link if anyone wants to see:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=700&category=1979
    Haven't seen the Jetfire or Thundercrackers in stores yet, but now that I know they exist I must have them.

Nostalgia is expensive.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FX
    I think of it this way....keep collecting, but only purchase the molds that are worth it. You don't have to be a completist or anything to enjoy this line.

And if you're getting tired of searching for them in-stores, you can reserve and order online from several places. You might pay an extra $10, but you can think of that as "gas saved".
    You are right, concentrate on the molds I want. But I would like to see them in person before deciding, you know? And it is next to impossible to find them in stores. The ones I find are usually not the ones I want (like Jeep, Corvette). Plus, it still does not address the issue of quality going downhill and the collector's market, which really turn me off (the whole Nemesis Prime fiasco).

I guess I will be happy looking at the pics you posted

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Plus, it still does not address the issue of quality going downhill and the collector's market, which really turn me off (the whole Nemesis Prime fiasco).
    That's true. The "hardcore" collectors REALLY go insane. I'm reading on other boards where people are buying 4 and 5 Mirages and Op Primes (and some it seems not even to sell), then they so go far as to *smugly* put a picture of them in their avatar. Collectors can really take the fun out of everything, ya know?

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Thanks for the info on the new die-cast figures, the War Within figures look pretty good. here's a link if anyone wants to see:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...&category=1979
    I really like the fact that these are die cast so I might get these. Plus they're not that big so it saves shelf space.

When are these coming out?

9. Megs and Ops is out now - I picked up Meg a few weeks back. From the looks of it, I might get that Jetfire and Thundercracker as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FX
    Megs and Ops is out now - I picked up Meg a few weeks back. From the looks of it, I might get that Jetfire and Thundercracker as well.
    Awesome, I'll keep a look out for it at my TRU.