Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by PiotrRasputin
    Alternators rocks.
    I mean, Jazz is an RX-8, for God's sake!
    He was going to be a Boxster 986 Porsche , but approval wasn't granted by the car company. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper were both going to be VW's as well, but same story. They already had the designs and molds made.

http://www.binalternators.de/rumors_...h.html#porsche

Quote Originally Posted by PiotrRasputin
    Alternators rocks.
    I mean, Jazz is an RX-8, for God's sake!
    Yeah, 'cause an RX-8 isn't complete shit compared to any Porsche. I'd take a 1980s Porsche over any 2006 Mazda.

3. Thats just total brand ignorance.

Hope you enjoy your Porsche 924 with its van engine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron
    Thats just total brand ignorance.

Hope you enjoy your Porsche 924 with its van engine then.
    There's only one thing your continent does right, and it's cars. Don't ruin it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    they all look like earth vehicles to me
    I know but they aren't based on any specific earth design like a Mazda RX or something because they're on Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    I'm collecting the shit out of Cybertron. Far and away the best line ever if you ask me. Alternators may have better individual figures, but Cybertron has tons of variety. Yes, it kills Energon...and I love Energon. Have any of you been keeping up on Galaxy Force (Japanese Cybertron)? The figures due to come out in a few months just keep getting better and better.

Anyway, I've also been documenting the shit out of this line. View my Cybertron stuff here: http://www.fluffypotato.com/transformers
    I agree that it's among the best lines so far but I'm a bit disappointed with the paint jobs on Starscream and Optimus. While it's not anything new, they look totally different and underwhelming compared to how they look in the back of the box. Is there any difference between the US Optimus and the Japanese one you have Cheebs?

BTW the Starscream crown (from TF the movie) is TOTAL fanservice but at the same time a cool nod. I'm surprised they supersized him actually. Crumplezone looks great though, I'm very tempted to buy these before they start the "lame repaint" phase.
    Last edited by Will; 13 Sep 2005 at 03:16 PM.

6. i want my transformers to look like real cars. Otherwise what's the point?

7. Crap that Jazz is beautiful.

Is there still a good place online to order older Alternators without getting raped? I really want to pick up Hound, because he was one of my favorites back in the day. And maybe, one day, I'll be able to justify getting Prime.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Yep, I've got a few of the Cyberton TF's. Optimus Prime is pretty good (much better than the past few incarnations), Hotshot is a great nod to the old Hotrod toy, and Vector Prime is great all around, although he does suffer from the "box art looks better than the toy" syndrome.

It does piss me off though that they aren't releasing the smaller Starscream in the US though. The gi-normous one is just TOO big, the smaller one is peeeerfect. Guess I'll just wait for the TRU two pack with the messed up paint job.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    i want my transformers to look like real cars. Otherwise what's the point?
    Heh, still not getting the point of the line do you

Besides you've got the Alternators line for what you want.
    Last edited by Will; 13 Sep 2005 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Crap that Jazz is beautiful.

Is there still a good place online to order older Alternators without getting raped? I really want to pick up Hound, because he was one of my favorites back in the day. And maybe, one day, I'll be able to justify getting Prime.
    You need JUSTIFICATION to get PRIME? He's even in scale with the Alternators. You can find him for a much cheaper price now.