Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Treasure 2D 360 game.

1. New Treasure 2D 360 game.

nm Possibly dubious report from Spong, please ignore.

mods, please close
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Sep 2005 at 10:20 AM.

There are more 2D games on the PS2 than the GC and XBox combined, and someone like you who buys Japanese shooters should know that, and know better.

Oh and yay for spong, the New York Post of videogame news.

e1: Sony of America has no problem with 2D games that have a proper ratio between content and price.

e2: I'd bet $10 this mystery game ends up on PS3 as well.
    Last edited by dog$; 13 Sep 2005 at 09:50 AM.

3. Damn, dog$ already won this thread. Well played.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. As great as this sounds, I don't believe anything I read at spong credited to "a man at Treasure".

5. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    There are more 2D games on the PS2 than the GC and XBox combined, and someone like you who buys Japanese shooters should know that, and know better.

Oh and yay for spong, the New York Post of videogame news.

e1: Sony of America has no problem with 2D games that have a proper ratio between content and price.

e2: I'd bet $10 this mystery game ends up on PS3 as well.
    There are lots of 2D games on PS2? No, really? So what? There have been plenty of 2D titles canned thanks to SCEA, one of them being a budget release of DoDonpachi back in 2001.

You obviously didn't read the part where it said even Worms (a mainstream title) had to struggle to get on shelves. If Sony is so easy to work with and it's a "given" we will see this title on PS3, then why didn't we see Ikaruga on PS2?

Lessee here, the last PS2 Treasure title was....Stretch Panic?

4 years ago in an interview with Edge magazine, Maegawa said "Anybody who tries to change anything we do, we would refuse to work with them again." Maybe not to the point where they'd refuse to work with them ever again, but I'm willing to bet $10 SCEAJ/A have at least pissed them off a few times.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Lessee here, the last PS2 Treasure title was....Stretch Panic?
    Gradius V, dummy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Gradius V, dummy.
    D'oh.

Mods, please close this thread.

Also have had a few people message me saying Spong is one of the worst news sites, didn't know, my bad.

8. They do cite EGM. Can anybody find the EGM article this is referencing? That might restore a little credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    They do cite EGM. Can anybody find the EGM article this is referencing? That might restore a little credibility.
    You're fucking kidding, right?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    You're fucking kidding, right?
    Are you saying that EGM has no more credibility than spong, or that I must be dreaming if I think there really is an EGM article?