Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something I would like to share...

1. Something I would like to share...

Back when I was in High school I submitted a letter to PSM about black video game characters and how sometimes they can be offensive. Me and my friends had a big discussion on the topic and it made me want to see what they “PSM” had to say. Well I got lucky and they put it in the mag, along with a black character on the front cover(From GTA VC) that was decent Keep in mind I was 17 or 18 at the time. It's the only magazine I wouldn't sell as of right now since I've written to many gaming magazines before and got no response as many others do.

Feel free to discuss or bash it to hell if you want.
    Sorry for the bad scan , I'll post a better one later

They titled the article " Color Blind"...

I'd be best to follow the link so reading it will be better...
    Bigger version
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. You're so young. I was the same way, just not black. What did you think of Barrett in Advent Children, by the way?

Life is offensive. Get over it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You're so young. I was the same way, just not black. What did you think of Barrett in Advent Children, by the way?
    I was shocked that there was no swearing from him. I found him actually pretty cool though. There's something about FF7 that turns me into a fan boy of everything about it anyway. Besides everyone knows Vincent owned anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Life is offensive. Get over it.
    I have come to understand this lesson in life well before you posted this Yoshi.

5. I never really understood the argument about black characters in games.

I mean its not as if many of them are offensive in my standards. Take GTA:SA. I can completely understand why someone would get pissed at that, but as a black guy I never got offended mainly becuase those kind of people exist.

Also why did PSM say the japanese view of black people? I have played few Jap games with any black characters. If any stereotypes are out there they are from western devs.

6. "Brandon Brown"

You're name is pretty cool, given the circumstances. <3

7. Quote Originally Posted by FM Nick
    "Brandon Brown"

You're name is pretty cool, given the circumstances. <3
    I've always liked my name and my middle name. Anyone who can guess it gets a copy of "Crash n Gang Street Challenge"

8. Kind of generalizing here .. but since alot of games are created in Japan, it's not surprising they stereotype black people.

9. Brandon "doo doo" Brown?

10. Quote Originally Posted by PaperWork
    Brandon "doo doo" Brown?
    Well I never got that joke form anyone. I guess I was too cool for it and the ladies liked me. So they would call me " B, Georgia Brown, or by my first name.

Anyway back on topic.