Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ragnarock online

1. ragnarock online

i remember seeing some kid at my school playing this game. it looked pretty interesting but i never thought much about it. been checking it out again recently and it looks alot like shining soul 1/2 on gba. anyway, for anyone that's played it what's the gameplay like? i might just do the trial and see if i like it, but i'ld like to hear from someone who's played it before i do any signing up. thanks for your help in advance.

I gave it a whirl (shocking I know), and I really disliked it. You have to click where you want to move 1980s adventure game style, and it just shows its age in various ways against newer, western MMORPGS.

3. Just save yourself some time, really : - www.worldofwarcraft.com/

4. i don't really like the look of warcraft and i kinda want something simple to play. a lot of people have been trying to get me to play it, though. the only online games i've played were everquest...for like a week then i quit...then pso on dreamcast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rama
    i don't really like the look of warcraft and i kinda want something simple to play.
    /boggle

It's the simplest game since tic tac toe.

6. I played it for 3 years, I never, ever want to touch it again, it's broken, the economy is shit, and it takes them about 8 months to come up with new content. It was good after I was burnt out from Western RPG's, then WoW came along and made me it's bitch.

7. don't forget about the lvling

If you're gonna be chagred monthly to play an mmo... go for WoW... the only mmo worth playing, evar
    -Myk

8. Yeah, it would take me weeks at a time to get a level past 50, I think while playing for reals it took me a month to get from 71 to 72

9. If you're really up-in-arms and want to give Ragnarok a try, then go for it, get it out of your system. But if you even in the slightest like the MMO genre than you really need to try WoW. I was and still am impressed by all of the little things that make it fun and engrossing to play. Between specialized PvP Battlegrounds with different objectives, really cool dungeons with bad-ass bosses that take certain strategies to beat, a variety of gorgeous and different environments - and a lot of little stuff that make it easy to play (stuff other MMO's I played didnt have- ie. maps you can pull up on the Overworld to check position, controllable mounts, Dressing Room so you can see if a peice of armor will look gay on you before you buy it, etc.). That and a guild full of cool-ass TNL'ers. Yeah. Just try it '/ peer pressure'
    Last edited by Jetman; 20 Sep 2005 at 10:44 PM.

10. I played Ultima Online for awhile. You could PK someone and then like a swarm of locusts people would come out of nowhere and gank everything; phat lewt, clothes, currency, BODY PARTS, etc. Once those piranhas were done there was nothing left.
    Time for a change