Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Programs; A Comparaison

1. Torrent Programs; A Comparaison

There are a ton of bitorrent programs out there (Azureus, BitComet/Lord, Shadow's Experimental, etc) and I've always been a user of Azureus. One of my elitist cpu buddies always rants on how great Azureus is compared to the other stuff out there, but never really explained why.

Anyway, I'm curious to know what the big diff is between each one and why some people fight to the death to call one better than the other.

2. bitcomet is my fav, i used to use azureus, but it's a pig compared to bit comet. Also nice to be able to select which files out of the torrent i do/don't want to dl.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    bitcomet is my fav, i used to use azureus, but it's a pig compared to bit comet. Also nice to be able to select which files out of the torrent i do/don't want to dl.
    I'm in the same situation; Azureus blows in comparison IMO

4. Bitcomet allows me to do everything that I need to do with torrents, and so I have never had a problem with it.

Like Stormy said, the feature enabling you to select which files out of the torrent you DL really is good, especially when there's adverts and shit packed in that you don't want.

Also, I noticed this about a week ago; tvtorrents.com is no more.
    Does anyone know more about what happened?
    Last edited by burky; 21 Sep 2005 at 04:29 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    bitcomet is my fav, i used to use azureus, but it's a pig compared to bit comet. Also nice to be able to select which files out of the torrent i do/don't want to dl.
    I've installed BitComet on this comp a long time ago, and I've used it once or twice and don't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by burky
    Like Stormy said, the feature enabling you to select which files out of the torrent you DL really is good, especially when there's adverts and shit packed in that you don't want.
    Yeah, that's something I found really useful with BC. It helped immensely the time I had to download 33 megs of 10 gigs of...something I can't discuss here.

6. I still use Bit Tornado, and have no problems. I can select what I want.

I recently switched to Azerus from Bit comet. Its a bit of a memory thief, but i have it running on a dedicated system so fuck it. For downloading and managing lots of torrents Azerus is fantastic.

I get significantly higher speeds with Azerus than I did with Bit Comet, and Bit tornado.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I recently switched to Azerus from Bit comet. Its a bit of a memory thief, but i have it running on a dedicated system so fuck it. For downloading and managing lots of torrents Azerus is fantastic.

I get significantly higher speeds with Azerus than I did with Bit Comet, and Bit tornado.
    Yeah, I remember Azureus being a pain when I only had 128 of Ram, but now that I have a gig that's not a problem anymore. I noticed the speed increase too, I don't know if I'm just going insane, but torrents right off the bat go to 20/30 k's sometimes, while Comet/Lord doesn't.

9. they're all memory hogs

(I use ABC and/or linux console BitTorrent 3.4.2)

10. I enjoy Bitcomet.
    your mom