Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Guy: Season 5

1. Family Guy: Season 5

All the downloads are saying that Family Guy is now in the 5th season, so I assumed this is true. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What does everyone think of the new episodes anyway?

I thought todays one (Monday 26th) was very good, lots of funny material in there, although I think the Castaway episode last week was better. The other one about Brian and his girlfriend, a few weeks back, I thought had a really poor storyline to it though, although it did have a few funny moments.

What I've noticed now is that the family are now taking the piss out of Meg way more than in the older series, e.g, (todays) the phone call with the family, the ending of the episode, (one about Brian's girlfriend) where Peter keeps spitting milk in her face.

I think this coming season should have a lot to offer, and am looking forward to seeing the coming episodes.

2. Nothing is funnier than Regan Smash! I for one, love this new series, with all the old school references. They even throw in internet jokes ocassionally what with the "you have been kicked in the nuts!" gag. Quagmire is funny as hell too, especially Spanish Quagmire. I think this is the funniest season ever personally.

3. This season has been gold due to all the Meg hate.

"Besides, I don't date dudes."
    Play Guitar Hero //

4. Does the anti Meg thing stem from anything? Some sort of in-joke of 4th wheel characters? In any case I like it, Meg is just boring anyways, if Mila Kunis didn't voice her I wouldn't care her character existed at all. ha

But the scene where Stewie is stuck on the phone with her is priceless, not to mention the Raiders of the Lost Ark reference.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 26 Sep 2005 at 08:48 PM.

5. The Bewitched knock was awesome, and I loved Chris singing that WHAM! song. The evil monkey tearing up was classic. American Dad has been great since this new season (or whatever it is) started. The writing is much fresher than FG's. Shit, even Simpsons was top-notch. War at Home is consistently funny, but this was the weakest episode yet.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 27 Sep 2005 at 02:14 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    The Bewitched knock was awesome, and I loved Chris singing that WHAM! song. The evil monkey tearing up was classic.
    lol How could I forget those.

But on Stewie punching out Will Farrell, the whole time he was gradually making his way to LA I was thinking "Punch Nora Ephron too! Punch her too!!!!"

7. This is Season 4, not 5. The Meg hate has been there since the beginning, but this season they take every chance to take a shit on her. I mean they do/say some brutal things to here. It's like a running gag which each punchline trying to be more henious than the last one. Plus the "movie" that comes out tomorrow ties into it very well.

It's been an up and down season, but the show is still funny as hell. I crack up at just about anything Quagmire does, Chris's song was great, I hope they put video of Seth Green recording it on the DVD.

8. I myself been pretty bored of the Meg-bashing that seems to go on in every new episode. Nobody likes her, we get it.

It seems to me that Meg is the hardest to write the funny for and instead of giving her situations and character development the writers just rely on the same joke about reinstating what a pathetic loser she is.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoman0chaos
    I myself been pretty bored of the Meg-bashing that seems to go on in every new episode. Nobody likes her, we get it.

It seems to me that Meg is the hardest to write the funny for and instead of giving her situations and character development the writers just rely on the same joke about reinstating what a pathetic loser she is.
    Yeah, they seem to have run out of ideas for main plots involving her. No worries though. Episodes revolving around her were never the best.

This season has deffinately had the most dissapointments, but over all, has still been really damn funny.

10. I thought that the new episode was one of the worst ever. Especially the Will Ferrel thing. You knew what the lame punch line of the joke was the second it happend and then it just took forever to execute. I understand that the length of the joke was perhaps part of it's charm and Family Guy has made that strategy work in the past (just last week with the Helen Kellar Marco/Polo joke) but this time I think it fell flat on it's face.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.