Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: Dealing with Christians

1. Peter, because of fear of being crucified, denied Jesus three times when confronted about his relationship with Christ, yet Jesus did not cast Him aside because He understood Peter's fear.
    Peter repented though. Quickly. Had he remained fearful forever, things would have been different. I've not come across anything to suggest that simply living with a guilty concious while continuing to do things that make you guilty was enough. I'll ask my friend the super christian about it though.

2. Can we just leave Mo7 and rezo alone?
    They have their opinions and we have ours.
    Case closed.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

3. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    I've not come across anything to suggest that simply living with a guilty concious while continuing to do things that make you guilty was enough.
    You clearly didn't understand of word of my reply.

Whatever. I'm finished with thread (for real this time).

4. You said that Paul(?) was referring specifically to people that were enlightened, and their turning away from god is not the same as other believers because they have a clearer understanding and whereas someone else may be slipping on the path the enlightened person has already reached, they have already made it there,only to have turned their back on it.

Then you said that humans are imperfect and so although they may wish to be good and righteous and repent and all of these things, they will still falter because they are human, and god, understanding that will have mercy on them if they have faith and are earnest in their belief despite their mistakes.

Then you used Peter as an example of god having his mercy, because Peter denied Jesus but Jesus did not cast him aside... however that is just an example of repentance. I don't really see how it is different from the scenario where people are to turn away from sin after repenting and then go without it completely, rebounding aftering each slip up or else. And I said that I would ask someone else(so no need to step back into the topic again) because I totally knew that you would bow out of the thread again, thanks to my remarkable prescience.

Remarkable.

People always say things about me like: "that rezo... he's pretty good with the prescience."

5. REZO WINS RELIGION!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."