Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not much a gaming question

1. Not much a gaming question

I own a HD tv that has DVI inputs, and I use my HD cable with the DVI. I am building a computer that also has DVI out on it and I would like to know if there is any way to hook both up using only one DVI input? I'vee searched the web and I've found expensive boxes that lets you have 2 outputs like to put one signal to 2 monitors, but I want the reverse. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'd be interested to hear this too, seeing as I'd like to hook my PC and my PS3 to my 1680x1050 widescreen LCD next year.

Giltch Guest

Nice link to an iTunes thread, dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji
    I own a HD tv that has DVI inputs, and I use my HD cable with the DVI. I am building a computer that also has DVI out on it and I would like to know if there is any way to hook both up using only one DVI input? I'vee searched the web and I've found expensive boxes that lets you have 2 outputs like to put one signal to 2 monitors, but I want the reverse. Does anyone have any ideas?
    You're missing the word "of" in your title.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Sep 2005 at 10:09 AM.

$249 for that ghetto looking box? Ouch. It appears to do the job though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I'd be interested to hear this too, seeing as I'd like to hook my PC and my PS3 to my 1680x1050 widescreen LCD next year.
    Yuck.
    Rescaling hell.
    You'd be better off with someting that's 1280x720, since it could display at least some content at native resolution.

As far as the switchbox goes, I've seen them in computer stores for $35-$40.

You don't need a KVM switch or a fancy auto-switcher, and whatever you do, stay away from any retailer that deals with mac users, because they will gouge you something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Yuck.
    Rescaling hell.
    You'd be better off with someting that's 1280x720, since it could display at least some content at native resolution.
    I have my PC set to 1680x1050 now, and the PS3 supports is as well...

You'll find something here...but you'd me paying a pretty penny...

http://www.ramelectronics.net/