Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Madden 06 PSP = Disc loading hell sez 1up.com

  1. The only reviews on IGN I really trust are Craig's on IGNDS.

  2. I don't see how you can call 1up a bad videogame site. They give accurate scores, give us unique content like Itagaki week (I don't particularly find his games exemplary, but a lot of people do so this is good for them), and have a good community of established magazines to bolster content and esteem.

    IGN and Gamespot aren't even in the same league as them. The only reason they're visited more often is because of how old IGN is by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Madden, 1up and IGN all suck. This is old news.
    IBTN.

  4. That high efficiency PSP battery would sound really good about now. *peers at Sony*

  5. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    IGN has no excuse for that score.
    You can just macro that for pretty much every time they review a game.

    But wasn't the PSP Midnight Club like 50% loading, and everyone still gave it 8s? That one baffled me too...like, how can you give a game a high score if it's fundamentally unplayable? Something that's half loading screen, even if it's amazing, people are just going to get sick of it and put it down.
    -Kyo

  6. I like the game. The loading is a little annoying at times, but it doesn't make it a bad game.

  7. I dunno, I don't play sports games, but my friends that do(even the ones that love Madden) all hated on this one. They seemed to all agree that it's just a weak game overall, regardless of load issues.
    A is for action

  8. #18
    Meh....I was not planning on picking it up anyways...

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I don't see how you can call 1up a bad videogame site. They give accurate scores, give us unique content like Itagaki week (I don't particularly find his games exemplary, but a lot of people do so this is good for them), and have a good community of established magazines to bolster content and esteem.
    So Mario Sunshine deserved a 9 then? How about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? Did Castlevania LoI deserve an 8? Stop talking out your ass. They overrate stuff just as badly as IGN.

  10. I haven't played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or a Castlevania since the 2D era so I couldn't tell you either way. But I would absolutely give Mario Sunshine a 9. The game was, technically, great. Major complaints concerning the game came from the distaste over the fact that it didn't take place in the mushroom kingdom with goomba's and because of the addition of the water pack (which controlled well). None of this adds up to a hill of beans when the game itself is so technically spot on. It was still a fun platformer with great control mechanics. Mario's controls and the way the environment is the tool you use to complete your objectives (rather than it simply being an obstacle to the finish line) has always been something no platformers could touch and half of its charm for me.

    Also, I think on the whole 1up does a pretty consistent job of being accurate. Of course there are going to be instances where you or I disagree with what they're saying. This is human nature because we don't all think the same way. IGN is in a league of its own when it comes to bad reviews.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Sep 2005 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo