Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madden 06 PSP = Disc loading hell sez 1up.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I would absolutely give Mario Sunshine a 9.
    Opinion invalidated. Thank you. Drive through.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    But I would absolutely give Mario Sunshine a 9. The game was, technically, great..

What has happened to you.

3. Is there ANY site on the 'net that TNL members respect for scoring? Seriously.

And I really enjoyed Sunshine, was a very good game IMHO, it just wasn't a real sequel to Mario 64. If the levels had been more "busy" with more enemies and a few more bosses then it would have been.

4. Load times of more than a few seconds on a handheld are unacceptable, period.
    The more bullshit gamers put up with, the more bullshit they'll get.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I would absolutely give Mario Sunshine a 9. The game was, technically, great. Major complaints concerning the game came from the distaste over the fact that it didn't take place in the mushroom kingdom with goomba's and because of the addition of the water pack (which controlled well). None of this adds up to a hill of beans when the game itself is so technically spot on. It was still a fun platformer with great control mechanics. Mario's controls and the way the environment is the tool you use to complete your objectives (rather than it simply being an obstacle to the finish line) has always been something no platformers could touch and half of its charm for me.

Also, I think on the whole 1up does a pretty consistent job of being accurate. Of course there are going to be instances where you or I disagree with what they're saying. This is human nature because we don't all think the same way. IGN is in a league of its own when it comes to bad reviews.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Mario Sunshine is a severely underrated game because people were expecting a direct sequel to Mario 64. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a fantastic game also, I'd give it a 9. I haven't played much of the GBA Castlevania games so I can't comment on those, but I'm not a big fan of the Metroidvania formula.

IGN is awful in general, but I have to say Craig's handheld stuff and a lot of the GameCube stuff is very objective. Just look at the scoring, the Xbox and PS2 sites hand out 8's and 9's to any game that isn't terrible.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    So Mario Sunshine deserved a 9 then? How about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? Did Castlevania LoI deserve an 8?
    I reviewed two of those three and gave them pretty much the same score and I agree with the third, so, yeah.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    I agree wholeheartedly. Mario Sunshine is a severely underrated game because people were expecting a direct sequel to Mario 64.

So, what IS Mario Sunshine, then?
    And based on its ridiculous Gamerankings score, Sunshine is overrated.