Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Viewtiful Joe DS discussion thread

1. It was supposed to be out tuesday, everywhere I went said it wasn't coming out until today. Today, everyone says it's not coming out until tommorow. I think I'm just going to wait until someone else sees it at retail to try again at this point. I picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 for Cube today to get my fix, 15 bucks new at EB (By new I mean opened with a beat to fuck case and a fingerprint covered disc of course).

2. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    It was supposed to be out tuesday, everywhere I went said it wasn't coming out until today. Today, everyone says it's not coming out until tommorow. I think I'm just going to wait until someone else sees it at retail to try again at this point. I picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 for Cube today to get my fix, 15 bucks new at EB (By new I mean opened with a beat to fuck case and a fingerprint covered disc of course).

they lied to you, it's out I'm sitting here playing it right now

pesonally Im really liking the new slide VFX some interesting stuff done with it so far, scratch I haven't really used much. I'm really liking the game so far and again Im amazed that clover studio can do this with the game and yet EA can barely texture a single polygon in their DS games
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin
    It's out? Holy crap!
    Yeah, that was my reaction. It was pushed back to late November then got pushed back up I guess. Was real tempting not to pick it up today but I gotta wait till I get my paycheck next monday otherwise I am stretched.

edit re: Shin Johnpv I was thinking today, if only the DS had texture filtering can you imagine how much better it would look than it already does? Anyways, based on your impressions I am locked to get it now.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Nov 2005 at 10:10 PM.

4. After Turok syndrome overtook so many N64 games I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo left it out of the hardware on purpose; mainstream opinion seemed to be that jagged pixelated graphics were more appealing than blurry ones (although N64 games in 2005 are far easier on the eyes than PS1 games).

5. So anyone pick it up? Been out about two weeks so far and I've seen it at EB and that's it. *-neo

6. I saw it at Best Buy last week, but I've got too much on my gaming plate to get this anytime soon.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero
    So anyone pick it up? Been out about two weeks so far and I've seen it at EB and that's it. *-neo

Like i said earlier in this thread I got it the day it came out (at a gamestop) and I love it I made it about half way through the game then Mario Kart DS came out and I have to be honest with its online play and such it's taken up the majority of my gaming time so I haven't had a chance to get back into Viewtiful Joe

for me VJ DS has the same kind of impact I guess you would say as the first VJ, where the first one felt so fresh and new and it was something different, thats kind of how i feel about this one, using the touch screen in this game is pretty fun and it opens up some different style puzzles to solve and such
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. This is one of the many DS games I'll be picking up in the beginning of next year; between Mario Kart DS online, Sk8land DS online, and Animal Crossing in a week and a half my DS is pretty stuffed.

9. Another DS title on my list of "Games To Get" I own VJ & VJ2 on the Gamecube, so hopefully VJS will make a worthy addition to my collection.

10. Like Shin and Spo I am now consumed by Mario Kart DS. Next paycheck I will get this and Tokobot. But if not enough money then Tokobot comes first.

Interesting take btw Spo that part of the reason they left out filtering was due to all the N64 "blur" complaints.

Okay why is Nintendo allowing all these games to be jammed into the hoilidays all at the same time. Space some stuff out Nintendo.
    Hunters and New SMB are just the tip of the iceberg for next year besides 3rd party cake we saw at TGS.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 25 Nov 2005 at 08:10 PM.