Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So is Xbox 360 gonna try to appeal to blacks and MTV peeps again?

1. So is Xbox 360 gonna try to appeal to blacks and MTV peeps again?

Puff helps Xbox

So is Xbox 360 gonna try to appeal to blacks and MTV peeps again?

I remember when Xbox came out, they had these crazy deals going on. One was the MTV car filled with Xbox games give away. The other was them trying to suck up sales from blacks using “Puff Daddy”…. Err my bad “P diddy” ….wait it’s just “diddy” now right? Anyway this annoyed the crap out of me because I would be discussing why Xbox basically sucked (my opinion) to some people “blacks” , but because MTV and Rappers promoted it on TV all day they would swear up and down it’s the best system. Of course my opinion is just my opinion, but when people’s only answer to the comments you make are “Well it has the best sports games” and the generic “ It’s more powerful” answers, it worries me.

I came to the conclusion the other day that basically the key things that kept Xbox alive was MTV, sports gamers( blacks/Mexicans majority at least in my area), and Xbox live.

Comments please…..
    Last edited by Zerohero; 01 Oct 2005 at 03:54 PM.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Comments please…..
    You sir love making broad generalizations in regards to race and videogames.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    You sir love making broad generalizations in regards to race and videogames.
    It's just an observation, and I have a valid claim.

4. I have an observation: your signature is excessive.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I have an observation: your signature is excessive.
    Which can be changed. I should remind you about it being "open season on.. well you know the rest "

6. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    It's just an observation, and I have a valid claim.
    You have a valid claim if Puff Daddy only appealed to black people, but that isn't the case at all. As unfortunate as it is, Puff Daddy is a global pop icon who is listened to by people of all races, not just black people. While his style of music may appeal to black people, they arn't even close to being the only people who recognize him musically or socially.

edit: Also, why do you always put the word black, when your talking about race, in quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    You have a valid claim if Puff Daddy only appealed to black people, but that isn't the case at all. As unfortunate as it is, Puff Daddy is a global pop icon who is listened to by people of all races, not just black people. While his style of music may appeal to black people, they arn't even close to being the only people who recognize him musically or socially.

edit: Also, why do you always put the word black, when your talking about race, in quotes?
    So your saying when they adopt anyone from any background or walk in life they are not trying to apeal to anyone specifically? It was even stated on MTV, and BET that they were using him to help apeal to the black population. Kinda like " Shakira" being used for Reebok commericials

I understand your point though but it has no weight on what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Zerohero; 01 Oct 2005 at 04:16 PM.

8. Companies have been using the black demographic as a stepping stone to gain marketshare for a long time.
    Television networks are notorious for catering to black folks to gain marketshare, and then ignoring them once they've established themselves.

Microsoft is just applying that tactic to the videogame market, and if they ever manage to gain a lead on Sony, then they'll stop worrying about marketing to that specific group because they are, afterall, a minority.

9. Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero

Puff helps Xbox

So is Xbox 360 gonna try to appeal to blacks and MTV peeps again?

I remember when Xbox came out, they had these crazy deals going on. One was the MTV car filled with Xbox games give away. The other was them trying to suck up sales from blacks using “Puff Daddy”…. Err my bad “P diddy” ….wait it’s just “diddy” now right? Anyway this annoyed the crap out of me because I would be discussing why Xbox basically sucked (my opinion) to some people “blacks” , but because MTV and Rappers promoted it on TV all day they would swear up and down it’s the best system. Of course my opinion is just my opinion, but when people’s only answer to the comments you make are “Well it has the best sports games” and the generic “ It’s more powerful” answers, it worries me.

I came to the conclusion the other day that basically the key things that kept Xbox alive was MTV, sports gamers( blacks/Mexicans majority at least in my area), and Xbox live.

Comments please…..
    OMG TEH BLACKS
    OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT EVER shall will we do???

hopefully the xbox360 will keep the appeal to the whites with their shirts tucked in their underwear & the ones who's parents go with them to buy videogames

btw what the hell does Puff Daddy have to with appealing to Black ppl???
    He gets more air time on MTV then BET, & probably 90% of his sales & fans are from suburban white ppl

10. www.stormfront.org called. They want their post back.