Thread: Itunes music won't go on Ipod

1. Itunes music won't go on Ipod

I bought some music off of itunes recently (about a week ago) and just today I went to add it to my ipod. I try and drag and drop and it will not transfer. This is especially strange because I've added purchased music to my ipod a bunch of times in the past year without any troubles.

Any advice?
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

2. You try connecting it and the auto-updating it?

Mine does that when I connect it.

3. I have two times more music than can fit on my ipod so I turned auto-update off so that I could manually choose what is and isn't on it.

4. Thanks Mike, I'm pretty much just resetting it to auto-update and then resoring it myself. It'll just take time.

5. Turns out that I need to update the ipod software. I downloaded the new ipod updater from Apple's site... and it won't install on my computer. Wtf?

6. Not entirely the topic at hand but I didn't feel like starting a new thread amongst all the other iPod threads, so:

My friend is buying a new iPod tomorrow and selling me her old one and her iBook just died a couple days ago (won't start up at all now, was doing freaky resolution lines at bootup, etc.), so what we wanted to do was copy the music off of her old iPod onto my PC and then transfer it onto her new iPod. Is that a simple and easy process, or will iTunes mess with us somehow since I don't have any of her music already on my PC and I should find another way?

7. Turn auto-update off on iTunes so that you can connect the iPod to the computer without iTunes taking over. You can then browse the files and drag 'em on to the computer's hard drive, but the folders won't be comprehensible. You can actually use iTunes to reorganize the folders and stuff once they're on the computer HD (as long as the files are properly ID3 tagged).

8. Awesome, thanks.