Thread: dude, whats my agp?

1. dude, whats my agp?

ok i have a qestion that the search function did not help with. im looking on upgrading my radeon 9200 graphics card(ill give you 10 guesses which game im upgrading for) but i notice that most fot he better cards are agp 8 only, i have searched high and low in my computer profile and cant find out what my agp number is, will the more technical lend a hand and tell em where to look for this info, the computer is an older p4 1.5 ghz gateway..and yes i know premades are the work of the devil, but i couldnt build a comp when we bought it. thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

2. model numbers help immensely.

3. i was going to suggest looking up the model # of your motherboard, but yeah. That might now work with the gateway. Give it a try though i guess. Or try looking up the exact model # of your video card.

4. ok where would i find that?
    Squall's a dick.

5. Did you not get a manual when you bought your computer?

6. open the case and poke around

Did you look in the device manager? I don't have an agp slot so i don't know if it has the # but it might. My comp>properties>Hardware tab> device manager>display adapter>properties

7. I have AGP, so this worked for me.
    Right click on the desktop, go to properties/settings/advanced, then click on the name of your graphics card. It should say right there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agp.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	17342  

8. usually an agp 8x card will work on a 2x/4x agp system.

9. ok thanks a lot guys, sorry for the rather silly qustion, found out i have an agp8x, thank you agian for your help guys.
    Squall's a dick.