Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official PoPoLoCrois thread

1. The deciding factor of my renting this game is: "Does it update the firmware?"
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    That's interesting, I hate Bomberman because it's the 289379174938th time I've played the same fucking game again.
    Multiplayer with your friends. The end.

3. Popo I and II were superb games on the PS1. I played through both and I rank Popo II as one of the best RPGs ever. It's good this is coming out, but the PSP compilation removes a lot of things from both games (and adds what looks like graphical DOWNGRADES) and in the end I've heard people who played the originals on the PS1 and then this thought this was terrible. But, for those who never played the original PS1 games, you'll probably enjoy it quite a bit. Anyway it's great SOME version of Popolocrois has finally gotten translated into English. It's about 9 years late though, Sony!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Hmmmm. Before I posted this thread a month ago, it was listed for late October then was pushed to November 8th. Now it's been pushed back to December 6. Not cool.
    OK, now according to EB games it's been pushed forward to November 28th and now Tokobot my other most anticipated has been pushed back again from 11/29 to Dec 6. Oy.....stop with the musical chair release dates will ya, people? Oh well, as long as this is in stores in a few days I will definitely be getting it.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 26 Nov 2005 at 09:04 PM.

5. Well, according to EBgames.com this is out as of yesterday (December 1) Anyone buy it yet? I just got my paycheck so I think I may tomorrow night.

6. IGN gives it a "7.4 Good." Said there is nothing groundbreaking/overly unique about the game but as long as you are looking for a solid, old school RPG you will not be disappointed. Also, a few extra screens:

7. First of all IGN sucks, as most know. They gave 9.9 to Jade Empire, so obviously one cannot trust any of their reviews.

Second, Popo I&II are loads of fun. The graphics do look noticably worse on the PSP than on the original PSX, which is sad and BIZARRE.
    Anyway if you like RPGs pick this up, the first two Popo games are great.

8. Quote Originally Posted by blueskied
    First of all IGN sucks, as most know. They gave 9.9 to Jade Empire, so obviously one cannot trust any of their reviews.

Second, Popo I&II are loads of fun. The graphics do look noticably worse on the PSP than on the original PSX, which is sad and BIZARRE.
    Anyway if you like RPGs pick this up, the first two Popo games are great.
    Jade Empire was awesome. I have this game on Gamefly so I will get to play it within the next couple of months (the Popo game that is).
    Last edited by animegirl; 06 Dec 2005 at 02:38 AM.

9. Jade Empire is a good game, but it's nothing spectacular or terribly innovative. In other words, it's not worth a "9.9", which I think is the highest rating IGN has ever given any game ever made in the history of the universe (they also gave this rating to GTA:SA, which gives you some perspective on the quality of their reviews).

10. Quote Originally Posted by blueskied
    Jade Empire is a good game, but it's nothing spectacular or terribly innovative. In other words, it's not worth a "9.9", which I think is the highest rating IGN has ever given any game ever made in the history of the universe (they also gave this rating to GTA:SA, which gives you some perspective on the quality of their reviews).
    I agree, maybe 9.9 was too high but it is definately a 9.5 at least. The only problem it had was a slightly clunky combat system. Everything else was top notch.