Page 1 of 100 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3: Official

1. Xbox 360 II Halo 3: Official

A picture that some claim is a leaked Halo 3 screenshot is doing the rounds of the games forums, increasing anticipation for Microsoft’s next-generation title in the hugely successful Halo series.

The November issue of the re-launched “Xbox World 360″ magazine, due out on September 29, features a cover shot of the Master Chief with the caption, “Halo 3: PS3 is dead.” Gamers are wondering whether this issue may contain longed-for details of the upcoming Halo 3 game for Xbox 360.

With the Halo movie set to hit cinemas in 2007, some believe that Microsoft may release Halo 3 at the same time as a tie-in game to the movie. However, this theory seems to contradict comments made by Bill Gates himself. A Time magazine article published earlier this year quotes Gates as saying, “It’s perfect. The day Sony launches, and they walk right into Halo 3.”

In light of Gates’ comments, it looks likely that Halo 3 will be released in Spring 2006 in an attempt to divert attention from the launch of Sony’s next-generation PS3 console. It’s also possible that Halo 4 will be ready for release as the tie-in game for the Halo movie in 2007.

Source

I don't think I buy this shot as anything more than a fan based "Bullshot", but this is the first real news on Halo 3 that's come out so far, so I figured some people might be interested.
    Last edited by Opaque; 14 Jul 2006 at 12:22 PM.

2. Just call me Nostradumas- Halo 3 will not be available when the PS3 launches. Bungie might prove me wrong, but I'm feeling pretty safe with saying it.

James

3. If Bungie were Ubi-Soft, well, I suppose they could pull that off.

EDIT: Ahem.

Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

4. What is that gun from?

Is it just a mock up of the Halo 2 SMG?

5. That's what I thought.

6. Xbox

Now we just have to figure out where the background came from.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Now we just have to figure out where the background came from.
    Halo 4.

OMG!!!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

They're already up to Halo 4 in Japan.

9. background looks like doom 3.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    They're already up to Halo 4 in Japan.
    Yeah, Scorpion is in it to. But now he can like throw more than one spear at once, and can do that fire breathing fatalty as a regular move.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!