Thread: (non 360) Nba 2k6 - any good?

1. Kirby (non 360) Nba 2k6 - any good?

While the screens for the 360 2k6 look eerilie amazing, what's the word on the current NBA 2k6 that came out? every year at this time i walk into the store and realize there are too many titles to choose from in the genre of basketballery. 2k6 seems like the right path for good gaming. any advice on this?
    *MOOF*

2. 8.6 from GameSpot while Live 06 got a 7.7, if that means anything to you.

3. I've heard good things about it.

4. FWIW I've never seen a 2K basketball game do wrong, going all the way back to the originals on the Dreamcast.

5. I'm picking it up this week - people on the basketball forums I visit are saying it's the one to beat this year.
    -Kyo

6. I played alittle bit of Live and 2k6 on the PS2, Live is horrible. I don't know how EA put out games that only look halfway decent in highlight/replay cameras, but ingame, the players' head is too big, the players feel like they are slipping on ice and the control is not as responsive as 2k6. Plus, it doesn't feel like basketball.... It is not all arcadey but it just feels weird.

2K6, on the other hand, I love. I plan to get it for the Xbox. It is alot better than 2k5, with the right analog stick used as the "Shot Stick" where you can control your layup/dunk/shots. You also use it to steal the ball on defense. Everything just feels better and looks miles better than Live 06.

7. Yep, nba 2k6 is definitely the one to beat this year. It really is a great game. I thought 2k5 was realisitic, but they absolutely raised the bar with 2k6. Gameplay is more than solid, player control is perfect (or damn close) and the new additions are fun, though I haven't tried them all yet. Basicly nba 2k6 is just a well put together title. They put some time and love into the game and it shows.
    They're dates. You eat 'em.

8. 8.6 and some really nice comments will probably be enough for me. good info.
    *MOOF*