Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: What is going on?

1. Weird. What OS are you running at home? What ISP are you using? One last thing: if you go to the command prompt and type:
    ping www.the-nextlevel.com
    what results do you see?
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

2. Same problem here, hosts file is working (no worky without) but I have pointed a bunch of people to the site and they cant get in with or without the hosts file edit.

3. can you be a bit less vague than "they can't get in"?

DNS timeout/server not found? Connection refused? Internet not plugged in?

4. I can only connect from home if I use a proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Weird. What OS are you running at home? What ISP are you using? One last thing: if you go to the command prompt and type:
    ping www.the-nextlevel.com
    what results do you see?
    I'm using Windows XP, Road Runner, and whenever I go to the page it's like its not there. I can't give you any pings since I'm at work right now, but im pretty sure it won't give me any returns. How do I set up a proxy to get to TNL?

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    can you be a bit less vague than "they can't get in"?

DNS timeout/server not found? Connection refused? Internet not plugged in?
    Um yeah.. I have requested from them tracerts etc.. more as I get it.. ya yappity Chihuahua.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McGee
    I'm using Windows XP, Road Runner, and whenever I go to the page it's like its not there. I can't give you any pings since I'm at work right now, but im pretty sure it won't give me any returns. How do I set up a proxy to get to TNL?
    Spanky, check your PMs, when you have time. As to setting up a proxy, you could go to a site like http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html and use one of those IP addresses to configure your proxy. In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the Connections tab, then the LAN Settings button. Check the "Use Proxy..." box and enter the IP address there. I assume you use port 80 for the port, but I'm not 100% positive.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.