Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who actually liked Raiden from MGS2?

zidane747 Guest

Am I the only one who actually liked Raiden from MGS2?

It seems everywhere I go, whether it be here or other places, I'm constantly bashed for liking Raiden. I mean, what the hell is the big deal? Yeah, I admit, he can be whiny sometimes, but how would you act if you found out that BIG SPOILER HERE!!! your sole purpose in life was to be a mindless killing machine, being taken care of by an evil murderer, then trying to correct it when you find out that all of your co-members are against you, and that your girlfriend doesn't really think you love her? /BIG SPOILER. Gimme a break. Just because he doesn't act like a "bad-ass" doesn't mean the character is bad. I mean, come on, we all know how cool Han Solo is, and in ANH all Luke did was whine about not being able to hang out with friends? Raiden was in great contrast to Snake, and that part near the end ANOTHER BIG SPOILER!!!! after Emma died, when all of them knew what they had to do to destroy Arsenal Gear, and they walked out of the room with the music playing. At that moment, even Otacon was a bad-ass./BIG SPOILER. I'm sad that Kojima doesn't plan to bring Raiden back, and everyone says that MGS2: Substance will destroy MGS2 because you get to play as Snake through the whole game, which I think is idiotic.

Well, enough of my banter, let's here some opinions(and please, PLEASE,refrain from bashing me from defending Raiden.)

2. i didn't mind him, he was just part of the story. sure we didn't get to play as Snake the whole game, but he was still a big part of the game.

3. Well, I never said I hated Raiden. I think he was ok character, reminded me of young Snake, fresh, naive and unexperienced. So he wasnt soo bad. I didnt like some of the storyline though, and Rose character, relationship with Jack/Raiden. Plus the ending blew, but it wasnt Raidens fault

My favorite part in the game, was where Snake and Raiden fought back to back inside the Arsenal, now that was awesome.

4. I liked him, although hearing him argue with his girl friend over the codec all the time got annoying to no ends

He was cool otherwise, still no Snake though

5. I liked him...but I'm also not nearly as critical of MGS2 as some other people are. I just enjoyed the flow of the game. Some people are so damned critical that they can't enjoy they way a game flows because they nit-pick through the whole thing. But, verily I say to you, there are no nits to picked here!
    Throw fireballs at him...
    Laugh at his moustache...
    http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/...o_gcn_game.jpg
    But do not mess with his vacation.

6. I can say that it was probably better to have to see Raiden's bare bottom towards the end of MGS2 than Snake's... I imagine Snake is rather... hairy.

(Now *there's* something to look forward to Substance for... : D)

7. I liked Raiden as well. I thought he received all the undeserved criticism just because "not being Solid Snake"...
    Then again, I played MGS2 knowing beforehand that majority of the game would be played as him instead of Solid Snake. (I was stuck with playing Japanese version of MGS2 that came out a bit later than US one and couldn't avoid that major spoiler... )

8. I would have liked Raiden if he wasn't such a whiney, feminine looking little bitch.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by BenT
    I can say that it was probably better to have to see Raiden's bare bottom towards the end of MGS2 than Snake's... I imagine Snake is rather... hairy.

(Now *there's* something to look forward to Substance for... : D)

Suddenly not owning an Xbox feels a whole lot better^_^.

P.S. Don't kill me EThugg.

10. What timing! I've just posted another Metal Gear thread. It wasn't Raiden that bugged me in MGS2, but rather all the metaphysical crap towards the end.