Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GANTZ anime ending wtf!?

1. I dunno (shrugs) I haven't seen one yet.

2. I watched all 26 uncut eps and man the final episode is messed up, cause uh well, I can't give it away. Once you see it please offer your perspectives. This goes down in the worst anime ending of all time category.

yes the manga is far superior to this and will undoubtedly end way better than the ending the animators slapped on.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Spoiler tags. No one cares.

4. Don't care about spoiler tags, just wanted to get people's thoughts. I shall move on now. Nothing to see here.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

5. The Manga is on volume 17, and the weeklies are on chapter 217. The manga is vastly superior to the anime.

The ending to the anime is Gantz turns everyone (the new cast made up for the TV show as they haven't been seen in the manga) against Kaoru. Kei proceeds to kick everyones ass then he realizes that he can't let Gantz win or some crap, picks up the teacher chick with the rack, carries her on his shoulders as her runs, amongst flashbacks, to the station where he was first splattered by the train, and proceeds to jump in front of another oncoming train, with the teacher later still on his shoulders. After that run on senence which reflects the feel of the final episode, he tuns to the oncoming train and tries his hardest to be Spike from Cowboy Bebop, spouting some nonsense about how he knows he isn't going to die, and of course, "Bang." It sucked, after the buddhist temple mission the anime should have ended until the author had more source material.

6. erm...where do you all download chapter 217??I have only up to 216......

7. Quote Originally Posted by xiangquan.c@gmai
    erm...where do you all download chapter 217??I have only up to 216......
    http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php
    for RAWs and other language (i.e French) releases. Usually has english releases first too.